Camping/Car Camping/Dirtbagging near Eldo/Boulder Canyon?

By dmurph
From Ouray, CO
Feb 13, 2013

any beta where to crash around that area for cheap or free is much appreciated. Thanks!

By juzzzme
Feb 15, 2013

walmart parking lot at the flatirons mall is pretty close

By keknowa
Feb 17, 2013

I am looking to do the same. Are there any hostels or cheap motels in the area?

By keknowa
Feb 17, 2013

I am looking to do the same. Are there any hostels or cheap motels in the area?

By Christopher Gibson
From Frisco, Texas
Feb 17, 2013
Changing leads.

There's free camping galore in Nederland. Just stop at the gas station and ask.

By Jim Amidon
Feb 17, 2013
J TREE

None.......

Pricey college town.......

No campgrounds near by......

Good luck.........

By SendaGorilla
From Boulder
Feb 17, 2013

There's a Hostel down near Canyon! Check online...IRS pretty cheap..ESPECIALLY in Boulder

By Brent Apgar
From Out of the Loop
Feb 17, 2013
Me and Spearhead

juzzzme wrote:
walmart parking lot at the flatirons mall is pretty close

I don't know, I'd go w/ the super target/costco lot off McCaslin... way nicer.
Yeah, basically no camping in Boulder.

By Jon Zucco
From Denver, CO
Feb 17, 2013
yaak crack Red Rock Canyon, NV

I have camped up Magnolia Rd out of Boulder Canyon and up to road 68: Forsythe Canyon Trailhead. It's free from what I remember, but a bit of a steep and longish drive.

or just drive up Boulder Canyon all the way to Nederland and stop somewhere and ask.

Also this:

Dispersed Camping

By Scott McMahon
From Boulder, CO
Feb 17, 2013
Bocan

This should be one of those threads that we should set up in a "most frequently asked" page.

www.mountainproject.com/v/moving-to-boulder-and-i-need-some->>>