Youngest Team On RNWF of Half Dome?

By CCChanceR
Apr 8, 2014

Anyone know the youngest team to successfully get up Half Dome's Regular Route without assistance from parents or mentors?

By Ryan Nevius
From The Range of Light
Mt. Agassiz

Probably a couple of nameless pre-teens who didn't care enough to spray all over the internet.

By Maurice Chaunders
Colombian Crack

Burn

By CCChanceR

Sweet

By Fat Dad
From Los Angeles, CA
Apr 8, 2014

Given the popularity of trip reports, spraying is alive and well. I think it's a fair question, though, judging from the responses here, might be better asked on supertopo. Some really young folks have done it, like you mentioned, lots have accompanied older climbers. I did it when I was 16 along with a couple of other teens. I know at least one other person who did it at 16 as well with another teen. Definitely seems to be a downward trend in ages though. The kids are getting good.

By Allen Sanderson
From Oootah
Apr 8, 2014

35 plus years ago a friend and his twin brother did El Cap (Nose) at age 17. So at this point in time such records have little meaning.

By Ryan Kempf
From Boulder, CO
Apr 8, 2014
Ryan on the Sharks Fin wishing he was on Mt. Whiteny.

Maurice Chaunders wrote:
Burn

That ugly ass shirt in your profile pic.

By Fat Dad
From Los Angeles, CA
Apr 8, 2014

No one said such things have any "meaning". It was just an inquiry.

BTW, I know a couple of guys who did the Nose at 16 (also about 30 yrs. ago), but that's not what the OP asked about.

By Ben Scott
From Fort Collins, CO
my alter ego

You guys are obviously not well versed in the Taco...or Mr. Herson either
www.supertopo.com/tr/Half-Dome-with-my-daughter/t11070n.html

By csproul
From Rancho Cordova, CA
Summit of Wolf's Head with Pingora in the background

Ben Scott wrote:
You guys are obviously not well versed in the Taco...or Mr. Herson either www.supertopo.com/tr/Half-Dome-with-my-daughter/t11070n.html

The Herson clan is inspiring for certain, but that's not what the OP asked about. S/he asked about the youngest team to get up without the assistance of older people.

By Ben Scott
From Fort Collins, CO
my alter ego

Touche...seems pretty On-topic for those that aren't in the know,
but agreed her partner was definitely not 12 years old

By Ryan Watts
From Bishop, CA
Flatirons

Ask at the taco but I think c-Mac did el cap with his brother at 15 and 17 or something like that. Wouldn't surprise me if they tagged HD as well.