Young guns who are climbing harder than you are

By Crux Crush
Apr 24, 2013
rock love

Here's a post designed to inspire us that focuses on climbers under 16 who are so amazingly talented. Check it out!

cruxcrush.com/2013/04/24/young-guns-who-climb-harder-than-yo>>>

By CornCob
From Omaha, NE
Apr 24, 2013

It seems like it won't be long before grades like 5.14c and 5.15b are considered beginner to intermediate. It will be fun to watch their progression throughout the years.

By Woodchuck ATC
Apr 24, 2013
Rock Wars, RRG, 2008

I see this stuff, and tell myself, 'face it, you suck.'...and open another beer.

By The Stoned Master
From Millerstown, PA
Apr 25, 2013
Day Lily.

"Its evolution baby!"

Life is cool.

By Old and Busted
From Centennial, CO
Apr 25, 2013
Stabby

Well, once again:
"They still ain't worth shit in a bar fight"

By Shawn Heath
From Forchheim, Germany
Apr 25, 2013
I couldn't resist uploading this cool silhouette my friend Aran took of me on Panische Zeiten.

The Stoned Master wrote:
"Its evolution baby!" The youngest badasses now who will lead the way (in any direction, not just difficulty) will be surpassed by the next generation, who will be "outdone" by the following generation, ad infinitum... Life is cool.

These guys will never be as bad ass as the guys who started it all. Imagine tying a hemp rope around your chest and heading up a wall with a pair of boots on and your only protection are some pins and a hammer, and you don't have any idea of whether or not this thing will even go. And if you fall you'll most definitely end up at least with some broken ribs.

By Matt Wilson
From Bethel, Vermont, USA
Apr 25, 2013

Eventually we will near the human limits of climbing. Just as the world record for the 100m dash has been approaching an absolute limit, so will climbing. The only question is, where is that limit?

By Jack Mullen
From Oceanside CA
Apr 25, 2013

There are only so many rocks to climb too, maybe it wont be a human limit...

By Nolan Robertson
Apr 25, 2013

what if we run out of rock on earth, do you think theres good climbing on mars? or is it all just chossy sandstone?

By CornCob
From Omaha, NE
Apr 25, 2013

Nolan Robertson wrote:

There is Olympus Mons, 22km tall mountain. Might be a few FA's to grab there.

By Bang
From Charlottesville, VA
Apr 25, 2013
Thanks Hank Caylor!

Haha I am sure everyone can climb 5.14s and 5.15s if they train like the Shaolin monks :)

By John M Ross
Apr 25, 2013

im not positive when saying this but little hands and fingers help with little holds, im not disregarding the sends in anyway because shit, i stuggle with .12s. what the kids are doing is rad, but as they grow older/bigger/heavier does anyone else think that these might be a little harder for them?

By Aaron Bugh
From Bozeman, MT
Apr 26, 2013
Me

Just don't forget they are also growing taller and stronger, and racking up more experience.

By Kyro
Apr 26, 2013

Ya I have been thinking the same thing. Watching some vids of these little kids on these routes with tiny crimpers and stuff for adults are pretty good holds for them. I mean they have great strength and technique but I can't help thinking that if those tiny pinches and crimps were hand size for Everyone else it may not be so hard. Again not trying to take anything away from the send or their skills. Just throwing that out there for thought

By Bang
From Charlottesville, VA
Apr 26, 2013
Thanks Hank Caylor!

Aaron Bugh wrote:

Or fatter, with all the beers :)

By Ryan Williams
From London (sort of)
Apr 26, 2013
El Chorro

www.ukclimbing.com/videos/play.php?i=1548

By Hamilton Kibbe
From Boston, MA
Apr 26, 2013
About to set up a fire TR anchor

Nolan Robertson wrote:

I could send .14c in mars gravity

By J Q
Apr 26, 2013
Me again!

I pretend they are aliens and feel better about myself.

By NorCalNomad
From San Francisco
Apr 27, 2013

I wonder how much long term damage some of these kids are doing to their bodies by training so hard so young. There was a guy who worked at my local trader joes that is in constant pain from body building young. Also there are plenty of gymnist who reck their bodies and hormones.

Not trying to put them down, just wondering...

By Locker
From Yucca Valley, CA
Apr 27, 2013
...

Everybody gets sore with age. Best have the fun while you're younger.

By john strand
From southern colo
Apr 27, 2013

BITD I was a "kid" 20, 21 years and din't know shit, except how to hurt myself.
my buds were 5-10 years older and very good climbers.

Did a 5.12 f/a in '83 and that kinda changed things.. esp my fingers

i do get psyched when the new gen hits the hard, R -ish routes and rediscover the clasics

do i sound old enough ?

BTW- new area photo

new ?
new ?

By NorCalNomad
From San Francisco
Apr 28, 2013

Locker wrote:
Everybody gets sore with age. Best have the fun while you're younger.

The body building guy I talked about was early 30's