Year C4s came out?

By Michael Roadie
May 7, 2012
Sugarite
One of my local sports shops has a couple of brand new single stem 3rd gen camalots for sale. They have been setting in a case for freakin years! I'm just curious how old they are. What would be a fair price to offer for them? #2 and #3

By Timmamok
From Durango, CO
May 7, 2012
crack at undisclosed location - my little proj
first time I saw one was '04

By Tom Grummon
From Golden, CO
May 7, 2012
Top of Montezuma's Tower
I think BD prints the year of manufacture on the tag of their slings (cam slings included). Should tell you how old those camalots are.

By Mike Smyth
From Spartanburg, SC
May 7, 2012
Stick clips can be very handy in this area to keep...
The first number on the serial number should be year of manufacture. The next 3 numbers are the day. 0137 would be the 137th day of 2010 for example.

edited after a double check. thanks john

By JCM
From Seattle, WA
May 7, 2012
I'd say that they are worth $35 each. You might be able to bargain them lower if you work at it.

By Jon H
From Boulder
May 7, 2012
At the matching crux
Mike Smyth wrote:
The first 2 numbers on the serial number should be year of manufacture. The next 3 numbers are the day. 10137 would be the 137th day of 2010 for example

Mike, not quite. BD uses a 4 digit Julian date code. Only the first digit represents the year. In your example, the actual date code would read "0137."

By michaeltarne
May 8, 2012
Jon H wrote:

I think it depends- some of mine are stamped on the lobes with a date code that would make sense with yours, but I have others ones with a number sewn onto the tag, like 06xx, which would imply the 6xx day of 2000, which wouldn't make a whole lot of sense.

By Jeff Thomas
May 8, 2012
michaeltarne wrote:

They all say CE 0639 on the sling. Atleast mine all do. It's the id for the CE testing facility.

By Mike Smyth
From Spartanburg, SC
May 8, 2012
Stick clips can be very handy in this area to keep...
John was correct. It's not the number on the sling. It's the number stamped on one of the lobes. I looked at mine this morning. They are a 4 number code and mine had a letter at the end

By Rob Warden, Space Lizard
From Springdale Ut
May 8, 2012
blah
2004 is the year that BD says they switched to the C4

By Michael Roadie
May 9, 2012
Sugarite
once again you guys helped alot! Thanks