Why is it all changing?

By Jon C. Sullivan
From Boulder, CO
Dec 2, 2012
approach to the Grand
Just wanted to make sure that it wasn't a virus on my computer or anything. The Up Coming Events column on the right hand side of MP's homepage looks like it is advertising fotball, basketball and boxing matches. I can't even begin to describe my lack of care for these sports. I am bummed out that they re on MP and hope that they go away and don't last. These silly sports are already all over the place so the last place I want to see them is a website that I frequent.

By Jon Marek
From SLC
Dec 2, 2012
gossamer
Seriously! The recent spam attack on forums and events is annoying. Hopefully there is some way to stop the bots from destroying mp.

By Buff Johnson
Dec 2, 2012
smiley face
All that, and the lack of offense by Florida State is just pissing me off

By Peter Stokes
From Them Thar Hills
Dec 2, 2012
Wall Street, Moab, UT
Yeah, it's a pretty significant spam attack- the admins have been removing those from the "Forums" section, usually the day they appear, but whoever is doing it keeps opening new accounts here and reposting daily. It may require a change to the way people start MP accounts, like one of those "captcha" verification apps, etc. There's a "Flag" link on forum posts and comments, but I don't see an option like that for reporting spam in the "Events" section.

By coldatom
From Cambridge, MA
Dec 2, 2012
Jurassic Park
Why not just put a delay on how soon a new account can post?

By Daniel Winder
Dec 2, 2012
5 spam threads on the front page now, ugh

By Devin Fin
From DURANGO
Dec 2, 2012
dream canyon fun!
this shit is driving me crazy !! it's the last thing i want to see wen im pretending im a bad ass climber at some cool place i will never get to because i cant stop looking at MP ... it makes me want to go climb out side ? or something ..

By Wayne
From Superior, CO
Dec 2, 2012
coldatom wrote:
Why not just put a delay on how soon a new account can post?

+1, or even first post moderated

By Andy Laakmann
Site Landlord
From Bend, OR
Dec 2, 2012
Racked and loaded... name that splitter behind me?...
This individual has opened up 20 accounts from 10 different IP addresses in the last 24 hours. Limits are meaningless to him. And he is using accounts he opened up yesterday to post today. He's a f'in bastard.

By Cultivating Mass
Dec 2, 2012
Leading on the only "fair means" rack.
That sucks, Andy. Can we get rid of Reginald while you're deleting? If you find something positive "he"'s ever contributed, I retract that request. Don't think I'll have to, though.

By JMo
From Tucson, AZ
Dec 2, 2012
vertebrae roof
Devin Fin wrote:

At first the spelling annoyed me...then I got on a df route at the creek and there was respect...but this is pure genius, or pyour geneeus?

By Merlin
From Grand Junction
Dec 3, 2012
Andy Laakmann wrote:

Wait. Its really one person being a schmuck and not some sort of botnet attack? The person truly does suck if they are investing this much personal time.

By Woodchuck ATC
Dec 3, 2012
Rock Wars, RRG, 2008
Buff Johnson wrote:
All that, and the lack of offense by Florida State is just pissing me off

Go Huskies,,,,Orange Bowl ahead!!

By Buff Johnson
Dec 3, 2012
smiley face
13.5 points and they'll still blow it

By Adam Fernandez
From Matawan NJ
Dec 3, 2012
Pinnacle Gully in the background
Not as bad as rutgers already blew it for me.....sigh