Where to stay in Ouray

By Zack
From All over the place
Dec 26, 2012
Profile picture
Just throwing this out there to see if anyone knows of something,
I'm heading out sometime in the next two days and planning on leaving before the festival gets crazy.

Do you know of someone with a room to rent our for a week or so,
We are a nice and easy going couple that just really doesn't want to need to winter camp in our van.

Willing to throw in some cash, also willing to think about any cheaper motel or rental options you might know about.

Thanks for the help!

Zack

By Jon H
From Boulder
Dec 26, 2012
At the matching crux
For what it's worth, I've known Zack for years and he's good people. If you've got the means, open your home to him.

By Benjamin Chapman
From Small Town, USA
Dec 26, 2012
old 1/4" bolt.
Try Bill Leo at Ouray Mountain Sports. He might make you a good deal on the Simba Suites above the climbing shop.

By Zack
From All over the place
Dec 29, 2012
Profile picture
Still looking....

By Erik Eriksson
Dec 29, 2012
taking the steep line
riverside small cabins are pretty cheap
They will prolly make you a deal
during fest they are booked up

By chosspector
From San Juans, CO
Dec 29, 2012
Box canyon lodge? Most places are probably getting booked up... Silverton has lots of cheap options (and more long routes, less TR) but it's 23 miles away.

By Fleetwood Matt
Jan 7, 2013
Jonah spraying about a sick on-sight
We live in Ridgway (10 miles from Ouray) and have a studio vacation rental. Search Ridgway on vrbo.com. 80 bucks a night, sleeps 2+, room to dry out gear, kitchenette, etc. Still available for Ice Fest.
Cheers,
Matt Hepp 970-318-1469

By Scott M. McNamara
From Tucson, Arizona
Jan 7, 2013
One Way Sunset
Comfort Inn gets my vote. You can walk to the park.

www.ouraycomfortinn.com/

Many climbers stay there and meet up in the mornings in the breakfast room. They have a good hot breakfast.

One of the owners is a climber. Frequently, she can help you find a partner---if you come up short.

Have Fun,

Scott Mc

By Cale Hoopes
From Sammamish, WA
Jan 7, 2013
Profile Icon
Cheap and not far from the park? Don't overlook the Chalet Inn. And its a big discount if you buy your membership.

Actually, I'd buy a park membership anyway for the discounts everywhere. It's worth it and you can buy it online...

My wife and I will be in town from the 10th-19th. We're looking forward to it.

Chalet is not far from the park. 2 blocks south, 4 blocks west and you're at the lower bridge park entrance...

The closest is the Victorian. However, it's probably over full by now.

By divnamite
From New York, NY
Jan 7, 2013
Aweseome thread, but people has different views on the word "cheap". Post prices if you can, it's easier to compare.

By Cale Hoopes
From Sammamish, WA
Jan 7, 2013
Profile Icon
Good call on the comment about "cheap" - Here's what I think of as cheap. I got 2 queen beds, a tv, and a shower for $55 a night with the discount from the ice park at Chalet Inn. No walks were considerably long and it was nice and close to Mouses. That was cheap to me.

By coop
From Glenwood Springs, CO
Jan 9, 2013
Indian Creek Climbing
I am looking for a small place with 1 room and kitchen (ability to cook meals) for my wife and our 4 year old son.
beginning of february or mid-february

By Cale Hoopes
From Sammamish, WA
Jan 9, 2013
Profile Icon
We stayed in this cabin last year. Loved it. Basic Kitchen, not far from downtown, bedroom and a futon in the living room. Cozy and nice.

Tell Nancy that Cale & Sarah sent you. This place is owned by Clint Cook, owner of San Juan Mountain Guides.

sanjuanchaletouray.com/