Where to Stay in Bishop?

By Ryan Watts
From Bishop, CA
Feb 25, 2014
Flatirons

I'm planning on heading to Bishop next week for some bouldering / sport climbing. I'm not sure exactly how long I'll be staying but probably at least a month or so, maybe longer if I really like it.

I've been trying to find places through AirBnb, Craigslist, etc. but am having a pretty hard time finding stuff other than hotels or long-term rentals.

I work remotely so I can stay pretty much anywhere that has internet (hence camping is usually out). I'd rather not sign a year lease though, since that kind of nullifies the advantage of being able to travel.

Anybody from the area have any suggestions on places to stay or at least where I could look?

By RNclimber
From Riverside, Ca
Mar 2, 2014
Seconds before onsighting Gun Smoke V3, Joshua Tree bouldering

why not camp then use the internet on your off/rest days to utilize their free internet? I stayed at the Pit for 10 days and if I wanted to use the internet late night, you can park right in front of starbucks and still access their free wifi.

By Rob Gordon
From Hollywood, CA
Mar 2, 2014
Tough Mantle Problem.  Haven't sent yet...

There is a bulletin board at the Blacksheep that sometimes has people looking to sublet.

By Ryan Watts
From Bishop, CA
Mar 3, 2014
Flatirons

RNclimber wrote:

Unfortunately I often need to use the Internet really early in the morning (~6am) since I work with a lot of folks on the East Coast. I've tried the camping + coffee shop Internet thing before and it just doesn't work that well for me.

I know it would be cheaper that way but then again my software job is my livelihood so if it costs me a little extra to stay indoors but makes me more effective at my job it ends up being worth it.

Also it's cold as hell waking up at 5:30am to drive to Starbucks for a 6am conference call...

By jordan cocanower
From Estes Park, CO
Mar 3, 2014
A nice little alpine day

Vons parking lot ha

By RyanO
From sunshine
Mar 3, 2014

Hi Ryan, I have a spare room that I would rent short term. PM me and we can talk.

By GhaMby
From Heaven
Mar 3, 2014
Are you Chicken, or fishy?

bishoprealestate.com/RENTALS.pdf

This gets updated every friday.

Unfortunately it's a lot easier to find someone that will rent you a room after you get here, most likely you'll have to rent someones room that is out of town for that same time period.

By fossana
From Bishop, CA
Mar 3, 2014
downclimb off the First Flatiron <br />photo by TooTallTim

Sorry if I spammed you. I keep getting a system error message when trying to PM you with info on my friends' rental cottage in downtown Bishop.

[update] OK, was able to get the info through this time.