Where to Get Cams Re-slung in Boulder Area?

By EDGE
From Boulder, CO
Dec 11, 2013
Puffin, Newfoundland, Canada

Can anyone recommend someplace in or near Boulder to get a new sling sewn on a cam? I bootied a stuck DMM Dragon cam that was missing its sling and would prefer a sewn replacement over a knotted one.

Thanks in advance for any replies.

By Dave Alie
From Golden, CO
Dec 12, 2013
Photo Credit: The talented Pete Garceau

Wired Bliss. They're in Loveland and do great work. Had about half my rack done by them last spring.

By Mark E Dixon
From Sprezzatura, Someday
Dec 12, 2013
Sure, I can belay

Dave Alie wrote:

I had a very good experience with Wired Bliss this spring and recommend them.

By Locker
From Yucca Valley, CA
Dec 12, 2013
...

"Locker will suggest sending your cam in to Yates but that's not quite as local."

Wrong, doo doo breath!

I would have suggested that he send them to FISH.

To add, Wired Bliss is about twice as much per cam.

;-)

www.fishproducts.com/catalog/repairs.html

"FRIEND/SLCD SLINGS:
Here's how to do it: Send us your webbing choice, 11" long and prethreaded into your Friends, and we'll lay eight bartacks into it. 1", 11/16" or 5/8" nylon webbing only. $2.50 ea. If you want us to supply the webbing, we can do that in usually some random colors. If we supply the webbing the cost is $3.50 ea. "

By EDGE
From Boulder, CO
Dec 12, 2013
Puffin, Newfoundland, Canada

I didn't know Wired Bliss was in Loveland; unfortunately I rarely have occasion to drive there so the cost of gas would be greater than any shipping charges. I was really hoping there would be someplace in Boulder.

I just may send it to Fish, or just tie in some supertape until something convenient pops up. It's just a bootied cam, and I'll probably only use it as a supplement anyway.

By Locker
From Yucca Valley, CA
Dec 12, 2013
...

"I just may send it to Fish"

You can't go wrong and won't regret it!

;-)