Where to buy a skinny half rope on sale?

By JeffL
From Salt Lake City
Feb 21, 2014

I've done a little research and have found the Beal gully 7.3mm which has not come out yet, and the Metolius Monster 7.8mm. Both are dry, but the Monster is $174 and I don't even know what the gully will be sold at. I currently own a Mammut 9.5 infinity 70m and I am looking for a tag/rap line. I've decided against the double rope set up while leading mainly because of rope management, belaying, etc. The main use of this rope would be rapping routes that need two ropes, possibly folding it in half for 5.easy simul-climbing. So the main question is: where can I find one of these that is on sale?

By Kai Larson
From Sandy, Utah
Feb 22, 2014
Tour Ronde North Face

Sierra Trading Post has Edelrid ropes on sale.

www.sierratradingpost.com/edelrid-apus-dry-climbing-rope-78m>>>

By reboot
From Westminster, CO
Feb 22, 2014

Kai Larson wrote:
Sierra Trading Post has Edelrid ropes on sale. With one of their ubiquitous "additional 35% off" coupons, they are pretty cheap.

This one is good through Saturday MST: AHX63465

By Kai Larson
From Sandy, Utah
Feb 22, 2014
Tour Ronde North Face

I actually bought a bunch of these a week or so ago. Ropes were marked down to 40% off, then I got the 35% on top of that. Bought 5 ropes. I'm set for several years now, I figure. Even at 20% off and 35% off, they are still a good deal.

By CharlesErickson
From Menomonie, Wisconsin
Feb 22, 2014
I have been told that I look like a Joshua Tree at times

Jeff,

Send me an email and maybe we can work something out (see below for my email information)

I have a 70m rope that you might be interested in. I also have a 50 m, if you are interested.

Thanks,

Charles
ericksonc@my.uwstout.edu

By Pontoon
From Minneapolis, Minnesota
Mar 4, 2014

I'm also looking for a skinny half/double rope on sale. Anyone know of a good quality one (emphasis on good quality) on sale on the net?

By Seth Kane
From Bozeman, Montana
Mar 4, 2014
prindle

twin, not half but:

www.rei.com/product/831169/bluewater-ice-floss-77mm-x-60m-do>>>

By fossana
From Bishop, CA
Mar 6, 2014
downclimb off the First Flatiron <br />photo by TooTallTim

www.gearexpress.com/ just put their Beal ropes on sale for 30% off, which includes their 7.7mm ropes. Also, Sterling makes a dedicated 7mm (static) tag line, which runs ~$100.

By john strand
From southern colo
Mar 6, 2014

I use a Sterling 7mm x65m as well..nice rope $90 or so

By Pontoon
From Minneapolis, Minnesota
Mar 6, 2014

I like the look of www.gearexpress.com/beal-cobra-ii-8-6mm-rope-with-unicore.ht>>> but it's not on sale, bummer. the 7.7 is a twin rope.

By Keithb00ne
From Las Vegas, NV
Mar 6, 2014
Grand Teton

What's the quality like on Edelrid ropes? Very cheap.

By Kai Larson
From Sandy, Utah
Mar 7, 2014
Tour Ronde North Face

Keithb00ne wrote:
What's the quality like on Edelrid ropes? Very cheap.

Their top end ropes (some of which are available at STP) are the equal of any other manufacturer.

By R. Moran
From Moab , UT
Mar 7, 2014
REtro

Give Home Depot a shot. I hear their ropes are excellent.

By Pontoon
From Minneapolis, Minnesota
Mar 7, 2014

Haha, very funny. I got two Edelweiss Oxygen II 8.2mm for $125.97 each via the site fossana linked, just didn't go with Beal.