Route Guide - iPhone / Android - Partners - Forum - Photos - Deals - What's New
Where do we sleep? Campgrounds? Etc...

By Jralph
Feb 28, 2013

We are looking for a campground in red rock. I would like to camp in red rock rather than get a hotel but mt project doesn't tell of any.Italic Text

By Ian Cavanaugh
Feb 28, 2013

There is no camping in red rock proper. there is a campground outside of it towards vegas, but it is a very exposed campground and not very fun. I believe it is something like $15 a nights.

By Thomas Beck
From Las Vegas, Nevada
Mar 3, 2013
beck on limestone

Check out Airbnb. Several climbers in this are rent out rooms.

By FrankPS
From Atascadero, CA
Mar 3, 2013

Here is all the Red Rock info, including hotel recommendations and camping:

mountainproject.com/v/frequently-asked-red-rock-questions-wi>>>

By Blake Cash
Mar 3, 2013

Worst campground ever. Be prepared to get monetarily raped and sleep in a cement bowl the whole time.

By Adrian Hogel
From Las Vegas, Nevada
Mar 7, 2013

We rent a room on airbnb: https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/683537

And, we have another room with a full size futon available as well.

By wankel7
From Indiana
Mar 16, 2013

we enjoyed the camping and considering how close it is to the park it is hard to beat. it was full every night and when we showed up at midnight we were lucky enough to be able to share a site.

seems like if you want to snag one show up in the morning.

By W.S.
From Montana
Mar 17, 2013

Everybody bitches about the camping, but it's fine. Yeah, it's $15 but there is water and if you pack into a space it's only a few dollars a day. It's not as social as some places, but most everybody is friendly and from my experience willing to share sites. When I've been there, most folks are leaving in the morning, climbing all day, then coming back to drink a beer and go to sleep. There's not as much dicking around and hanging out as say, Hidden Valley. To get there, go towards Red Rock on Charleston (headed West) but turn left before Calico Basin towards the BLM fire cache. Also, if you're planning on spending time in Black Velvet there's public land to camp on off the highway just west of the turnoff for the canyon. Have fun!