What's your feeling about Totem cams?

By saltandgranite
Nov 2, 2012

Too bendy, or bomber?

By J. Albers
From Colorado
Nov 2, 2012
Bucky

With a thread title including the word "yuck", how many local folks do you exactly expect to help you? There are a bunch of threads in the forum archives that cover this already...do a search and you will find what you are looking for.

By RNclimber
From Riverside, Ca
Nov 2, 2012
Seconds before onsighting Gun Smoke V3, Joshua Tree bouldering

using the search function is one easy task to do, but since I was bored here you go...

mountainproject.com/v/totem-basic-cams-are-here/107323970__1

mountainproject.com/v/totem-vs-fixe-aliens/107710759#a_10771>>>

By Marc H
From Lafayette, CO
Nov 2, 2012

Seattle wrote:
Too bendy, or bomber?

Those are our options? Um.... both? Would it blow your mind if I told you that a "bendy" cam (totally gonna have to steal that) is less prone to walking? Hahaha.

Keep 'em comin', Seattle!!

By Taylor-B.
From CO & AK
Nov 2, 2012
Mt. Churchill, University Range

Do the American thing and buy Fixe Aliens. I think Totem is a Spanish company.

By Kenny Thompson
From woodfords, california
Nov 2, 2012
gorge

Fixe Aliens are also made in Spain

By Marc H
From Lafayette, CO
Nov 2, 2012

Rowdy Wrangellian wrote:
Do the American thing and buy Fixe Aliens. I think Totem is a Spanish company.

Keep 'em comin', Rowdy!!

By Alex Quitiquit
From Salt Lake City
Nov 2, 2012
meow

mmmmmm 80 dollar fixe cams............

By J. Albers
From Colorado
Nov 2, 2012
Bucky

Rowdy Wrangellian wrote:
Do the American thing and buy Fixe Aliens. I think Totem is a Spanish company.

They are both Spanish.

By Plaidman
From Portland, Oregon
Nov 2, 2012
Looking Good at top of Quandary Peak after leading the Inwood Arete

I would say Basque Country first when talking about Totem Cams. Personally I love em. Climb on them all the time - free and aid.
I find them quite BOMBER!