What's up with Pro Deal Resoles????
   Page 1 of 2.  1  2   Next>   Last>>

By Kurt Taylor
From Fort Collins, CO
Nov 12, 2010
Climbing the Bastille
Any body know anything about Pro Deal resoles in Pueblo? I sent a pair of shoes to him early last month and can not get him to return my calls or answer emails. My tracking number shows the shoes were delivered and my check has been cashed, but my shoes have not been returned and I am getting no response from him. Anyone else had this type of problem with them? Can anyone help?

By Cota
From Bend OR
Nov 12, 2010
do a search, you will find tons of problems with Pro Deal, Benton has had 2 pairs of my shoes for 2+ months now, I will be in Pueblo in Dec and am going to pay a personal visit to him....good luck getting your shoes or money back.

By cjdrover
From Somerville, MA
Nov 12, 2010
Taken at MWV Icefest 2014.
thread #1
thread #2
thread #3

By The Hippy
From Boulder, Co
Nov 13, 2010
I always stick with Rock 'n' Resole in Boulder. I've had nothing but good experiences for the 15 years I've been going there - and they usually have your shoes back in a week or so.

By Wayne
From Superior, CO
Nov 13, 2010
The Hippy wrote:

A week? I dropped shoes off on a Tuesday after climbing, and he said he was really busy, couldn't have them for me till Friday morning. They were ready when I stopped by as he opened up shop.

By seth0687
From Fort Collins
Nov 13, 2010
Leading the first ice pitch of the NW Gully-Thatchtop
Plus one for rock n' resole in boulder, great service, mine only took 2 days, and fair prices. Did I mention quality work!!!!

Seth

By Kurt Taylor
From Fort Collins, CO
Nov 14, 2010
Climbing the Bastille
Hey everyone, thanks for info on Pro Deal. I wish I had asked before I sent my shoes. Now I am worried I will never see my shoes again. I will be placing a complaint with the bbb and leaving a few choice messages for Benett.

By JesseJ
From Tucson, AZ
Nov 14, 2010
one more for Rock and Resole. Recommended by a friend, awesome service for me, and several of my friends.

Sorry about your troubles, friend. best of luck.

By Michele Beaty
From Colorado Springs, Colorado
Nov 15, 2010
Joshua Tree
I cannot recommend Barry's Resoles enough. He does a flawless job on resoles. I have sent him both old and new shoes for resole and have always been impressed with the quality of work. And he throws in a piece a candy and thank you note when he sends your shoes back. As silly as that sounds, it's customer service unheard of in the resole world.

Barry's Resoles (559) 855-4511
41585 Auberry Road
Auberry, CA 93602

By Scott McMahon
From Boulder, CO
Nov 15, 2010
Bocan
Chris Drover wrote:

And...

rockclimbing.com/cgi-bin/forum...

By Kurt Taylor
From Fort Collins, CO
Nov 22, 2010
Climbing the Bastille
This is crazy, with all these people having issues with Pro deal, how has this guy stayed in business? What recourse do we have to either get Pro Deal to be a more responsible business or put him completely out of business? Has anyone met Benett in person? What is he like?

By kt23
Nov 22, 2010
Obviously some people have contacted the BBB, and now Pro Deal has an F rating with the BBB, but that isn't doing any good.

It's hard to imagine that he's any more on time in paying his ISP than he is in sending us our shoes. If his ISP took down the website, a lot fewer people would be seduced by his promise of cheap resoles in 2-3 weeks. I assume the website is hosted on socolo.net, since that's where his email is hosted. It's tempting to try contacting them to inquire about shutting down the site if he isn't paying.

But getting the site shut down seems more like a job for the police. How many pairs of shoes does he have to steal before contacting the police is appropriate?

By Allen Hill
From FIve Points, Colorado and Pine
Nov 22, 2010
Slick Rock put in
This guy in Pueblo sounds like he might have a serious drug problem.

By Paul Davidson
Nov 22, 2010
Michele Beaty wrote:
I cannot recommend Barry's Resoles enough.

I've been getting shoes resoled since the '70's and Barry does an awesome job. As good as any and way better than most. His attention to detail and customer service have won whatever resoles I have left.

By Stich
From Colorado Springs, Colorado
Nov 22, 2010
Coffee after freezing our asses off near James Peak.
Wow, I just realized that I used Pro Deal once about two years ago and would have recommended them. Too bad the business has gone down hill.

By PTZ
From Chicago/Colorado
Nov 22, 2010
Where? Wouldn't you like to know. You have to buy me a beer, then I will tell you.
I also recommend rock and resole in Boulder. They have done 5 half sole for me and they were 100% reliable and did a great job.
Sorry you had to learn the hard way.

By Jason Hundhausen
From Bozeman, MT
Jan 18, 2011
Enjoying Little Viking on an early spring day. 2009.
I've used Pro-Deal resoles a couple of times, but it's been several years. The first time I was really impressed: quick turn around and a job well-done; the second time took quite a while to get my shoes back, but I had a second pair, so it wasn't such a big deal. Since then I've moved to Boulder, so I decided to do a search on recommended local shops...glad I checked!

By Devin Shunk
Jan 18, 2011
I tried contacting pro deal a couple of years back with no responses. So, I went with rock 'n' resole in Boulder. That was one of the worst resoles I have ever seen. The resole on my left shoe literally lasted two weeks before it started tearing off.

For my latest resole, I tried the Rubber Room out in CA. A little pricier, but so far the resoles have been great!

By Felix Wong
Jan 20, 2011
I sent two pairs of shoes to Pro Deal Resoles on 12/17/10. As of 1/20/11, I have not received the shoes, nor has Pro Deal Resoles returned my e-mails inquiring about them. Its voice mailbox for its 877- is also full, nor is it taking any phone calls during its supposed business hours.

While I have not been charged on my credit card for the shoes, I concur with the others who say that Pro Deal Resoles is entirely unresponsive and effectively stealing from and scamming people of their shoes. I just wish I had seen these fraud warnings BEFORE sending in my shoes:
merchantcircle.com/business/Pr...

Will file a police report and mail fraud complaint soon. Those who have been scammed by them should do the same.

DO NOT DEAL WITH THIS COMPANY.

By Kurt Taylor
From Fort Collins, CO
Jan 24, 2011
Climbing the Bastille
Hey Felix,

I filed a police report and a BBB report on Pro deal resoles back in mid December with the Sheriffs department. If you haven't called them yet call Deputy Henratty at 719-583-6250. Maybe if enough of use complain they can put him out of business. At this point I just want my shoes back.

Let me know how it goes,

Kurt

By Bill Olszewski
From Colorado Springs, CO
Jan 24, 2011
Rrrrrrrrrrrr
Devin - sorry to hear you had a bad experience with Rock & Resole; did you return the shoes to them or at least contact them about the problem?

I sent two pairs to Rock & Resole in December. They got them back to me on a quick turnaround, just before they shut down for the holidays. Best work I've ever seen and they are holding up great! If it matters, for comparison, I had a pair of 5.10 Moccasyms and a pair of 5.10 Huecos, both resoled with 4 mm Stealth C4.

By Ryan Sanders
From C Springs
Jan 25, 2011
Bennett at Pro Deals had my shoes since mid October and I had given them up for lost. 10 days ago they showed up in the mail fully repaired and nicely done to boot. Better late then never I guess.

By Ron Lenz
Jan 25, 2011
FYI...I've been using Rock and Resole since they opened ans have had literally
had shoes resoled, and occasional rand caps, a couple dozen times. The work has been great. Eric is truly proud of the work he puts out and is always looking for ways to improve his product.
The one time I had a premature de-lamination, he warranteed the defect and re-glued it for free.
It makes me feel good to support someone who's a real craftsman in an otherwise "fast and dirty" world.

By Ian Buckley
Jan 25, 2011
Here's another phone number to try.

Administrative Contact, Technical Contact:
Pro Deal Resoles pdresoles@socolo.net
3387 canyon heights rd
Pueblo, CO 81005
US
719-647-9173

By Kurt Taylor
From Fort Collins, CO
Feb 14, 2011
Climbing the Bastille
So, just to set the record straight. I did finally get my shoes back from pro deal resoles after almosty exactly 5 months. So Benet is not ripping people off, and the whole deal would have been much easier if he would of just returned one of my many emails and or voice messages. Then at least I would have known what was going on. I still will not use Pro Deal Resoles again.

Glad to have my shoes back.

By Flex
From Flagstaff, AZ
Feb 14, 2011
Enjoying a rare, clear day on Mt. Sir Donald
Hey Kurt,

Glad to hear about the positive ending to your story. I'm hoping for the same outcome as I am in the same predicament. I sent my shoes in mid-nov and have not seen hide nor hare of them and narry a response from Pro Deal.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed but I think it's important to keep the warnings active and prevent more people from suffering a similar fate.

Page 1 of 2.  1  2   Next>   Last>>