What kind of pants do you climb in?
   Page 1 of 3.  1  2  3   Next>   Last>>

By Matt Hails
From Lakewood, CO
Feb 26, 2013

This could be a repost, and if it is i apologize. But I'm wondering what people prefer to climb in? Personally i usually wear either basketball shorts or sweatpants, but i feel like i could be missing out on something better.

By Evan Sanders
From Westminster, CO
Feb 26, 2013
Flaming Pumpkin

Basketball shorts in the summer, jeans in the winter.

By ze_dirtbag
From TBD
Feb 26, 2013
cottonmouth

lycra......its the bees knees

By Matt.Zia
From Colorado Springs, CO
Feb 26, 2013

Levi's which are more holes than jeans at this point. Can't be beat.

By T Howes
From Bozeman, MT
Feb 26, 2013

Arborwear Tree Climber pant for cragging.

By John Wilder
From Las Vegas, NV
Feb 26, 2013

You guys wear pants? Weird.

By RockinOut
From NY, NY
Feb 26, 2013
Gear

Gym shorts year round...i`ll wear a soft shell or sweat pants over them if its cold out but take them off to climb in just the shorts.

By Zappatista
Feb 26, 2013
Book me, officer.

John Wilder wrote:
You guys wear pants? Weird.

Now that's just damn eerie. Was just about to post the exact same thing.

Maybe this was a serious post though and the manpris have so entrenched themselves that they somehow disallow the possibility of actual functional clothing for the lower half.

Ahh, Manpris. The stock in trade of the truly metro. Rezpek.

By rogerbenton
Feb 27, 2013
Whoever this guy is, he's just plain irresponsible.

jeans.

or cargo pants.

or board shorts in the summer.

By Mark Wyss
From Denver, CO
Mt. Baker

Prana stretch zion pant. Have only climbed in them one season. I was stubborn to switch to pants at first cause I had always climbed in shorts and I fear change. The zions got very solid reviews on here before so I checked them out in person. Bought a pair right away. They fit great. They breath very well and have buttons on the legs in case you want to roll the legs up.

By Kirk B.
From Boise, ID
Feb 27, 2013
belay slaving on some route I forgot the name of way right of Bloody Fingers.

Really anything that affords freedom of movement. I'm no Brand whore. Experimentation seems to be key. I had a great pair of Hooblies(spelling?) some kinda surfer pant, but they wore out.(dammit)
Still experimenting.

By AnthonyM
Maroon Bells-Bell Cord Couloir

Jeans or a soft-shell pant (when it's below freezing)... According to a dumb quiz in Climbing magazine only trendy traddies wear jeans. It's what I learned in, never get scraped up, and feel comfortable all the time...

By BrianWS
Feb 27, 2013

Martial arts pants with an elastic waist. Freedom of movement, fairly wind resistant, durable, and cheap (~$20 per pair). They're a bit heavy for climbing in the dead of summer, but perfect for the east coast for 9/12 months per year.

By Steven Groetken
From Durango, CO
Feb 27, 2013
On top of Hitchcock Pinnacle.

www.assholeclimbers.com/2012/02/de-emphasizing-your-junk-and>>>

By AdamB
From Charlotte, NC
Black Boulder Problem, sent after a generous skin donation

a full snowsuit.

By John Ryan
From Poncha Springs, CO
No Name Crack, 5.10, Supercrack Buttress, Indian Creek, Utah

+1 for Prana Stretch Zion. I have been buying these for 8 years and love them. I own four pair now. Very durable and comfortable. The sizing seems to vary widely from year to year so I have many different fits. You can usually find them on sale during end of season clearance sales.

By Nate Ball
From Taipei, TW
Some route at Smith Rock

Martial arts pants.

By Dave Bn
From Fort Collins, CO
Dreamweaver

Whatever is " cool" at the time. Because that's what climbing is all about.

By drtyner
Bouldering at Niagara Glen

Year round I wear MEC Super Burl Pants.

www.mec.ca/AST/ShopMEC/MensClothing/PantsTights/PRD~5025-924>>>

By Ezekiel Thornton
From Akron, Ohio
Top of Castleton

Eddie bauer FA jeans - Amazing

Metolius Dyno pants - Very durable

By "H"
From Manitou Springs
Feb 27, 2013
Axes glistening in the sun

warmer weather, stretchy shorts. Cooler weather stretchy softshells.

By BrianWS
Feb 27, 2013

Yes, basketball shorts + climbing harness are an awful, awful combo. Worse yet are folks who boulder wearing such shorts with boxers underneath.

I have heard legends of a mid-Atlantic hardman whose getup consisted of a lime-green speedo. According to one of his long-time climbing partners, belaying for him on corner pitches was reportedly "like staring up into a nest of spiders".

Nate Ball wrote:
Brian, I was going to say the same. Then I realized you're the dude who left Taiwan shortly before I arrived. Climbing with Kaivin tomorrow. Small world... Martial arts pants.

Ha, no kidding -- small world indeed. Give my best to Mr. Chen! FYI, I'm still on the same pair of climbing pants since 2008. Tough material for sure, but they'd get prohibitively smelly after only one session between late spring and the end of typhoon season.

By GhaMby
From Heaven
Feb 27, 2013

I like straight leg stretch-skater jeans, partly cause I can consistently find them on sale in my size (34x34), and partly because I'm a skinny-mo-fo and baggy climbing pants (stretch zion, stonemaster, organic, metolius, marmot, north face, etc.) make me look even scrawnier (imho).

I have these:www.sierratradingpost.com/dc-shoes-dc-core-denim-jeans-strai>>> which I paid around $20 with one of their many coupons. I wish I would have ordered 1 size down from my waist size (32 instead of 34). They have a bunch of other "skater jeans" on the website, but these are the only ones that they have with the 34" inseam.

By Peter Stokes
From Them Thar Hills
Wall Street, Moab, UT

I wear everything from double knee Carhartts to stretchy Verves... the thing I've found is if it's my day to send the Carhartts won't be a problem, and if it isn't my day the Verves won't help.

By Bill Sacks
From Sacramento, CA
Chapel Pond

$3 Columbia pants from a REI garage sale. Patched up knees with khaki and all good.

By Bang