What is the easiest route that Chris Sharma has bolted?
   Page 1 of 2.  1  2   Next>   Last>>

By Tom-onator
From This Galaxy
Apr 8, 2014
Tom-onator
David Sahalie wrote:
I too would love to fondle bolts drilled by Sharma.... sooo dreamy

I trust there will be no fondling of the nuts attached to the bolts drilled by Sharma?

By Tug
Apr 8, 2014
Bring a torque wrench.

By Ben Griffin
From Durango, CO
Apr 8, 2014
Bitches get Stitchez, Golf Wall, Durango, CO
Tug wrote:
Why?

I don't know.

By Ben Griffin
From Durango, CO
Apr 8, 2014
Bitches get Stitchez, Golf Wall, Durango, CO
I'm at a computer and get bored really easy.

By andyelliott
Apr 8, 2014
amarillo sunset
Tug wrote:
Why?

OP said why in his original post. "becasue hes a master bolter and probably puts up really high quality routes, and theres sure to be some that arent only for dudes who climb 5.15."

By chuffnugget
From Bolder, CO
Apr 8, 2014
Tom-o Sapien wrote:

oh Gawd, now you owe me a new keyboard

By Jon Zucco
From Denver, CO
Apr 8, 2014
yaak crack Red Rock Canyon, NV
master bolter?

Can someone please edit Sharma's wikipedia page to read, "Chris Omprakash Sharma (born April 23, 1981 in Santa Cruz, California) is an American master bolter and rock climber."

By Ben Beckerich
From saint helens, oregon
About half way up the East Arete on Illumination Rock
MP posted this shit on facebook? The only thing dumber is that I clicked on it.

By Ben Griffin
From Durango, CO
Bitches get Stitchez, Golf Wall, Durango, CO
Thanks for the encouragement everyone! Your egos seem to be very well established. I guess all of you are to good to be climbing on any of Chris's routes. I think we could rename mountainproject, ego project, shit talk my face off project, or I'm the coolest rock climber on the planet project. Happy climbing douchebags.

By chuffnugget
From Bolder, CO

By Ray Lovestead
From Boulder, CO
I pity the fool
I pity the fools.

By Brent Larsen
From Spearfish, SD
Apr 9, 2014
EBM, 5.11a <br />Sunshine Wall, Spearfish Canyon. <br />South Dakota.
I might be wrong about this but I believe Chris Sharma bolted a route in Wild Iris, which is a crag near Lander WY. Todd Skinner also bolted a bunch of sport routes there that are considered classic exercises in very difficult climbing. They might not be the easiest routes these fine climbers ever bolted but they would be shorter compared to the routes in Spain and might be a bit more doable for that reason. Sorry everyone else decided to not be so helpful.

By Dan Austin
From San Francisco, CA
Apr 9, 2014
Yeah, I think it's an interesting question. Someone's gotta know the answer, right?!

By Jon Zucco
From Denver, CO
yaak crack Red Rock Canyon, NV
Ben, sorry man. I was jking. Just the thought of Sharma being known most for his bolting mastery was making me chuckle (which I know isn't what you're saying, but all the same).

By PatCleary
From Rohnert Park, CA
Apr 9, 2014
I'm sure it's far from inclusive, but here's his list of attributed routes on Mountain Project his lists on MP.

By Garret Nuzzo-Jones
From Salt Lake City, UT
Apr 9, 2014
Cleaning up in Jenny Lake.
PatCleary wrote:

Don't forget that just because Sharma was the FA doesn't necessarily mean he bolted the route (i.e. Randy Leavitt with Jumbo Love). The opposite holds true as well though!

By Brad M
Apr 9, 2014
So let's say you found this unicorn, Chris' only 5.8, and you climbed it but found it to be an utter piece of contrived shit. Would this somehow change your opinion of our only living superhero?

By camp4climber

Thy master bolter.

By Brent Larsen
From Spearfish, SD
Apr 9, 2014
EBM, 5.11a <br />Sunshine Wall, Spearfish Canyon. <br />South Dakota.
So if you are really skilled at bolting, that makes you a master bolter. What if you are really skilled on putting worms on hooks to catch fish with?

By Kyro
Apr 9, 2014
I believe that makes you a master baiter

By 20 kN
From Hawaii
Apr 10, 2014
ha, the first .15b Sharma sent he dident even establish. Jumbo Love was established by Leavitt, not Sharma. I have no idea of his bolting abilitys, but I do know a number of his test piece routes arnt really his—or at least he dident bolt them.

By Optimistic
From New Paltz
Apr 10, 2014
Ben Griffin wrote:
I would love to one day tackle a Chris Sharma route. The guy is a master bolter, so he must have some really high quality routes that aren't 5.15. Anyone got any beta? Ben

Why not go on an internet-based quest to contact him and find out? Email Evolv or something?

By Optimistic
From New Paltz
Apr 10, 2014
David Sahalie wrote:

completely awesome... I hate the expression "LOL", but I actually did LOL.

Page 1 of 2.  1  2   Next>   Last>>