What is the easiest route that Chris Sharma has bolted?
Page 1 of 2.  1  2   Next>   Last>>

Apr 8, 2014
Bitches get Stitchez, Golf Wall, Durango, CO

Ben
Ben Griffin
From Durango, CO
Joined Feb 19, 2007
253 points
Apr 8, 2014
I too would love to fondle bolts drilled by Sharma.... sooo dreamy chuffnugget
From Bolder, CO
Joined Sep 14, 2011
22 points
Apr 8, 2014
Why? Tug
Joined Jul 8, 2007
6 points
Apr 8, 2014
Leashless bliss. 3 points of contact
David Sahalie wrote:
I too would love to fondle bolts drilled by Sharma.... sooo dreamy

I trust there will be no fondling of the nuts attached to the bolts drilled by Sharma?
Tom-onator

Ben Griffin
From Durango, CO
Joined Feb 19, 2007
253 points
Apr 8, 2014
Bitches get Stitchez, Golf Wall, Durango, CO
I'm at a computer and get bored really easy. Ben Griffin
From Durango, CO
Joined Feb 19, 2007
253 points
Apr 8, 2014
amarillo sunset
Tug wrote:
Why?

OP said why in his original post. "becasue hes a master bolter and probably puts up really high quality routes, and theres sure to be some that arent only for dudes who climb 5.15."
andyelliott
Joined Jun 24, 2013
103 points
Apr 8, 2014
Tom-o Sapien wrote:

oh Gawd, now you owe me a new keyboard
chuffnugget
From Bolder, CO
Joined Sep 14, 2011
22 points
Apr 8, 2014
yaak crack Red Rock Canyon, NV
master bolter?

Can someone please edit Sharma's wikipedia page to read, "Chris Omprakash Sharma (born April 23, 1981 in Santa Cruz, California) is an American master bolter and rock climber."
Jon Zucco
From Denver, CO
Joined Aug 15, 2008
357 points
Apr 9, 2014
About half way up the East Arete on Illumination R...
MP posted this shit on facebook? The only thing dumber is that I clicked on it. Ben Beckerich
From saint helens, oregon
Joined Jun 24, 2011
266 points
Bitches get Stitchez, Golf Wall, Durango, CO
Thanks for the encouragement everyone! Your egos seem to be very well established. I guess all of you are to good to be climbing on any of Chris's routes. I think we could rename mountainproject, ego project, shit talk my face off project, or I'm the coolest rock climber on the planet project. Happy climbing douchebags. Ben Griffin
From Durango, CO
Joined Feb 19, 2007
253 points
chuffnugget
From Bolder, CO
Joined Sep 14, 2011
22 points
I pity the fool
I pity the fools. Ray Lovestead
From Boulder, CO
Joined Jan 9, 2008
26 points
Apr 9, 2014
I might be wrong about this but I believe Chris Sharma bolted a route in Wild Iris, which is a crag near Lander WY. Todd Skinner also bolted a bunch of sport routes there that are considered classic exercises in very difficult climbing. They might not be the easiest routes these fine climbers ever bolted but they would be shorter compared to the routes in Spain and might be a bit more doable for that reason. Sorry everyone else decided to not be so helpful. B. Climbin'
Joined Apr 6, 2009
9,486 points
Apr 9, 2014
Yeah, I think it's an interesting question. Someone's gotta know the answer, right?! Dan Austin
From San Francisco, CA
Joined Oct 6, 2010
5 points
yaak crack Red Rock Canyon, NV
Ben, sorry man. I was jking. Just the thought of Sharma being known most for his bolting mastery was making me chuckle (which I know isn't what you're saying, but all the same). Jon Zucco
From Denver, CO
Joined Aug 15, 2008
357 points
Apr 9, 2014
I'm sure it's far from inclusive, but here's his list of attributed routes on Mountain Project his lists on MP. PatCleary
From Rohnert Park, CA
Joined Sep 23, 2011
0 points
Apr 9, 2014
Leading Blue Collar Crack.
PatCleary wrote:

Don't forget that just because Sharma was the FA doesn't necessarily mean he bolted the route (i.e. Randy Leavitt with Jumbo Love). The opposite holds true as well though!
Garret Nuzzo-Jones
From Salt Lake City, UT
Joined Feb 9, 2012
1,279 points
Apr 9, 2014
So let's say you found this unicorn, Chris' only 5.8, and you climbed it but found it to be an utter piece of contrived shit. Would this somehow change your opinion of our only living superhero? Brad M
Joined Sep 30, 2012
0 points

Thy master bolter.
camp4climber
Joined Dec 11, 2013
70 points
Apr 9, 2014
So if you are really skilled at bolting, that makes you a master bolter. What if you are really skilled on putting worms on hooks to catch fish with? B. Climbin'
Joined Apr 6, 2009
9,486 points
Apr 9, 2014
I believe that makes you a master baiter Kyro
Joined Apr 4, 2013
5 points
Apr 10, 2014
ha, the first .15b Sharma sent he dident even establish. Jumbo Love was established by Leavitt, not Sharma. I have no idea of his bolting abilitys, but I do know a number of his test piece routes arnt really his—or at least he dident bolt them. 20 kN
From Hawaii
Joined Feb 2, 2009
665 points
Apr 10, 2014
Ben Griffin wrote:
I would love to one day tackle a Chris Sharma route. The guy is a master bolter, so he must have some really high quality routes that aren't 5.15. Anyone got any beta? Ben

Why not go on an internet-based quest to contact him and find out? Email Evolv or something?
Optimistic
From New Paltz
Joined Aug 29, 2007
244 points
Apr 10, 2014
David Sahalie wrote:

completely awesome... I hate the expression "LOL", but I actually did LOL.
Optimistic
From New Paltz
Joined Aug 29, 2007
244 points

Page 1 of 2.  1  2   Next>   Last>>
Beyond the Guidebook:
The Definitive Climbing Resource
Inspiration & Motivation
to Fuel Your Run
Next Generation Mountain
Bike Trail Maps
Backcountry, Sidecountry
& Secret Stashes
Better Data. Better Tools.
Better Hikes!