What is the best way to get weak?
   Page 1 of 3.  1  2  3   Next>   Last>>

By Steve Bond
Aug 1, 2013
Photo.

By SavageMarmot
From Nederland, CO
Aug 1, 2013

Drink and smoke.

By Alex Whitman
Aug 1, 2013
Luxury Liner, Indian Creek

I suggest getting a job. Behind a desk if possible. That way back pain and inflexibility are valid excuses to quit early; or better yet not even go out to the crag. Nothings screams "I'm weak" like a fat paycheck and a beer belly.

By Nick Zmyewski
From Newark, Delaware
Aug 1, 2013
the frozen topout during a winter ascent

logo
logo

By Tom-onator
From This Galaxy
Tom-onator

Tear knee cartilage when youre 15.
Live past 35.
Marry a beautiful climbing and out of doors person, then limit the time you spend out of doors with them.
Sign a mortgage agreement.
Work in an industry dependant upon an upswing economy.
Wear a heavy toolbelt for 20 + yrs.
Sustain enough nagging sport and work injuries to make getting out of bed with 6 hrs of sleep or less that much more special.
Gain weight while consuming less healthy food.
Spend too much time on the ground and the internet. ..

By Kaylee Catmull
From Riverside, CA
Aug 2, 2013

Taper, Baby, Taper....frequent rest days...lots of rest and relaxation....join a gym and go soak in the hot tub. Beyond that...get married, have kids, and get some debt...that should get you weaker than a new kitten.

By vincent L.
From Redwood City
First day of school

Get other hobbies that aren't as physical , but still take up lots of time and money . I suggest 4 wheelin '

Wheelin'
Wheelin'

Or motorcycles...

Honda Magna
Honda Magna

Or like someone said , get a full time job , I recommend teaching , you get a lot if time off...

Full house
Full house

By Hamlet73
From Boulder, CO
pic taken in J-tree

Have Kids ... they will suck the climbing strength out of you ;)

By Ben Brotelho
From Albany, NY
Aug 2, 2013
Epic free solo with a pack on

Best way to get weak.

Best way to get weak
Best way to get weak

By Tom-onator
From This Galaxy
Tom-onator

No way Ben!
OE 800 makes a man cock strong and bullet proof!

By MJMobes
From The land of steady habits
modern man

Hamlet73 wrote:
Have Kids ... they will suck the climbing strength out of you ;)

singular or plural its true. I like to call it breeding future rope guns cause I'll need it.

By David Sahalie
From on the road again

Meth.

By Doug Meneke
Aug 2, 2013

Stout and Gout. I get winded when I run to the restroom during a commercial.

By Mike McHugh

Steve Bond wrote:
For years I was looking to shed the climbing strength I had built up. It wasn't ginormous to start with, but I've had some serious success reaching my goal. For me, I went back to grad school, got married, had two kids and got a check list for things to do to the house. What did you do to get weaker and rid yourself of grip strength or just all around muscle tone? Looking for ideas because unfortunately I am re-motivated and starting to go to the gym.

May I recommend an overuse injury? Try this plan: Selectively remember how incredibly rad and awesome you were in your twenties, then set yourself up with a brutal training regime to get back to a level of fitness you might never have actually attained in your earlier life. You should hear some "pop" sounds on your first hard session at the gym. Top it off with a bitterly gobbled amuse-bouche of a half dozen cinnamon rolls at Lamar's.

This has been my plan for quite a few years. Works well!

By Tony B
From Around Boulder, CO
Aug 2, 2013

Having a kid has been working out great for me so far. I have not been this weak since I was one myself.

By MHLeitch
Aug 2, 2013

Get a job at a grocery store that gives you 20 % discount and then tell them you can work every weekend.

By rob.calm
From Loveland, Colorado
Mother #1 on the Nautilus at Vedauwoo. Rob is calm on this happy offwidth

The simplest way is to just grow older. Once past 75, the decrease in strength and ability occurs without any of the difficult measures suggested so far in this thread. Even so, I would be remiss not to mention that the time spent on elder care and grandchildren accelerates the process.

Rob.calm

By Christian
From Casa do Cacete
Ooops...

Become a Republican or Libertarian.

By s.price
From PS,CO
 Morning Dew ,self portrait

Spending two months in Baton Rouge settling a family estate while trying to run two businesses in CO. Too many flights, too much killer food, lousy weather all added up to a substantial loss of strength and increase in waist size. Took me the entire summer of 2012 to get it back.

By Tony B
From Around Boulder, CO

Christian wrote:
Become a Republican or Libertarian.

Yep - the dems are already "Weak"

By C. Archibald
On haystack in the Winds

Love will make you weak, be it for man, woman, child, or beast. Stay strong; love nothing save your own ferocity and burl.

By ze_dirtbag
From TBD
cottonmouth

ice yourself
ice yourself

now you can be both worthless and weak.....go the extra mile

By Laine
From Reno, NV
Approach to Washington Column

I couldn't tell ya cause I wouldn't know.

By Tombo
From Boulder
Aug 2, 2013
1/3 of the way up Spire, just above where my piece blew.

My favorite would have to be falling in love, rejection, copious eating and drinking in a darkened room for lets say 6 months. That should result in 25 - 30 lbs which of course transfered mostly from muscle mass. It's not as fun as I make it sound but you will get weak!

If not that I'd agree with Rob.c just get old (now that's fun).

By Carl Sherven

David Sahalie wrote:
Meth.

Nonsense. Let's see you fight off this many snakes.

By David Sahalie
From on the road again
Aug 2, 2013

Holy shit, I haven't laughed that hard in a while. Thanks.

Page 1 of 3.  1  2  3   Next>   Last>>