What is the best edging shoe for Smith rock vertical test pieces?

By Amir
From Boulder, CO
Dec 27, 2012

What is the best edging shoe for Smith rock vertical test pieces?

By Phil Chi
From Sisters, OR
Dec 29, 2012
me

I'm partial to Lasportiva Miuras. I like the lace up version best.

By jon vandub
From westminster,co
Dec 29, 2012

The one that stays on the foothold?

By Mr. Holmes
From Cascade West
Dec 29, 2012
#2

Phil Chi wrote:
I'm partial to La Sportiva Miuras. I like the lace up version best.

By Alex Baker
Dec 29, 2012

Also, I know this from watching others, not from sending.

By Greg G
From SLC, UT
Dec 29, 2012
The route in it's entirety.

jon vandub wrote:
The one that stays on the foothold?

• rimshot

I saw everything from grandstones on heinous cling to slippers being used on chain reaction. I used Muira VS's personally, but anything stiff should suffice.

By slim
Dec 30, 2012
tomato, tomotto, kill mike amato.

5.10 galileo gets my vote. Similar to anasazi, but significantly stiffer through point of toe. Would chain reaction really qualify as an edging testpiece?

By Mattberr
From utah
Dec 30, 2012
uintas

5.10 anasazi vcs

By Ryan Palo
From Bend, oregon
Dec 30, 2012
Me

5.10 Green/White Anasazi & Sportiva Testarossa/Miura VS.

By GhaMby
From Heaven
Feb 1, 2013
Are you Chicken, or fishy?

Galileo.

By ktaylor
From Bay Area, CA
Jun 24, 2013

Alex Baker wrote:
I would say that most of the vertical test pieces (To Bolt, Darkness, Last Waltz, Vicious Fish) get done in Anasazi Blancos or Anasazi Verdes. They get done (of course) in Miuras too, but the other, steeper testpeices (White Wedding, Scarface) seem to be a better match. But now that I think about it, for the Smith test pieces it probably just depends on who's supplying your shoes :-). Also, I know this from watching others, not from sending.

Apparently one of each is the way to go...

Alex on Vicious Fish.