What do you want to see in climbing films?
   Page 1 of 4.  1  2  3  4   Next>   Last>>

By KyleAB
From Boulder, CO
Apr 13, 2012
Okay let's hear it. What get's you psyched? What do you want to see more of? Bouldering, sport climbing, trad climbing, expeditions? What's next for climbing films?

By Tristan B
From La Crescenta, CA
Hanging out on Royal Arches
Babes

By todd w
Apr 13, 2012
muscular dudes humping boulders to a techno soundtrack.

yeah. that stuff is awesome.

By Ian Stewart
Apr 13, 2012
More trad climbing. And boobs.

By Ben Beckerich
From saint helens, oregon
About half way up the East Arete on Illumination Rock
12' dynos to slopers beneath climber.. while free-soloing 10-15 pitches up.

I guess he's got a parachute in his pocket, for descent.

By Reese Smith
From Seattle, WA
Apr 13, 2012
trad climbs. more r/x trad climbs. lots of trad falls.

By Buff Johnson
smiley face
More bolt-gun

and cowbell

and Bob Barker beating the piss out of Stallone/Grylls -- both are fine, BB is just that badass

By Jeremy Hand
slopey
Snooze. hard sportclimbin in sweet location and great bouldering in less known places. You're sure to piss off the locals though

By ben jammin
From Moab, UT
Aesthetics
An entire video about noobs in Boulder Canyon and the shitshows that ensue..

That would be SICK brah...

By thecornyman
From Oakland, CA
mike
trad and boobs for sure.

By James Crump
Naked Womens!!!

By TuRETZ
From Denver, co
FLIGHT!
todd w wrote:
muscular dudes humping boulders to a techno soundtrack. yeah. that stuff is awesome.

Any chance someone can produce a stone nudes pop up calendar like this, sounds AWESOME! Don't get confused, I mean with DUDES!

By Tradoholic
Apr 13, 2012
I yawn at the next 5.15, V15, whatever, show me cool looking climbs. Climbs with features, dihedrals roofs, and the like. Trad is most exciting of course and R/X trad is even better, big falls.

More angles, close ups of the holds so we know what people are grabbing. I think Chuck Frybergers films are pretty sweet and well put together with good music and a fast pace.

Hard Grit sums it more me, palm sweating good time and the soundtrack is timed to heighten the excitement.

And of course...more babes.

By lewisslc
From Salt Lake City, Ut
Apr 13, 2012
i agree w/ the v15, 5.15 statement. I would like to see more 'unknowns' climbing lines, problems ect... that are hard for them

By Andy Librande
From Denver, CO
Apr 13, 2012
Me in the Buddha Cave at crumblewood a while ago.
retz wrote:

Men of Routesetting Calendar: lt11.com/2012/02/13/2012-men-o...

There is a free download of the 2011 calendar in that link.

If that is your cup of tea...

By Dirty Gri Gri, or is it GiGi?
From Vegas
Apr 13, 2012
Growing a winter coat in Red Rock Canyon- December 2013.
Snakes, lots of snakes...to scare as many folks away as possible from ever getting into climbing. There's already too many climbers outdoors these days.

By Jeremy Hand
slopey
Or poisonous spiders... I was in the boulder field a couple years ago and a guy yelled over about this black widow that was nested in this super popular warm up -- more snakes for sure. Or people soloing while having sticks thrown at them or bottle rocks or night climbing with roman candles aimed right above the climber; also, more michael jackson. I recently went to a less known sport area and these people were blastin MJ, boy was I P-S-Y-C-H-E-D

By Jeremy Hand
slopey
Jeremy Hand wrote:
5.13b and up. V8 and up. Very asthetic. Perhaps bouldering in the south, TN, AL, GA, new AR stuff. New River, Red River, Obed. More trad, I think the most psyched I've been was after I watched the Indian Creek segment of Return to Sender. FAs are always great but it is hard to get a quality video with all of the above that are FA'd. or do a 40 min video of just people climbing on crack. NOT crack climbing, but people acutally on crack climbing. Meth would work too. I bet you could find some sick soloist that do the above, or rather some crazies that would solo for the above. Or a TR only vid.

By Simon Thompson
From New Paltz, NY
Apr 13, 2012
What I don't want to see is more 5.ridiculous sport routes and boulder problems. Maybe it's just me but rehearsed bouldering and sport climbing projects remove the elements of uncertainty, objective hazard, team dynamic challenge, etc.

By Tristan B
From La Crescenta, CA
Hanging out on Royal Arches
People decking on X routes or A5 routes.

By Kevin Landolt
From Fort Collins, Wyoming
Apr 13, 2012
Lots of bouldering with electronica music... ("gag")

By Jeremy Hand
slopey
Kevin Landolt wrote:
Lots of bouldering with electronica music... ("gag")

I loved the CORE video but the music was obnoxious as all get out

By talkinrocks
From Boulder, CO
Washburns Thumb.  Denali
I want to see Alpine climbing.

I agree with most sentiments here about bouldering and sport climbing movies. Bouldering movies are about the most boring thing I have the displeasure of watching. Bouldering is boring in general but watching someone else do the same moves over and over and over is taxing.

By Teysha
Sailing

By Dirty Gri Gri, or is it GiGi?
From Vegas
Apr 13, 2012
Growing a winter coat in Red Rock Canyon- December 2013.
And/or climbers falling, and getting impaled on really awful objects that one may encounter outdoors, (Oh, don 't get all freaky on me, it's not for real; more like CGI, or better yet, old school special effects from real horror make-up artists). I'm imagining a six foot erect, splintery fence post covered in rusty barbed wire, or someone's homemade stick clip... This thread is fun!

+1 for poisonous spiders, really hairy ones, and ones that don't even exist in the US; the people will never figure that one out. ; )

I'm sooo psyched right now!
[ I'm actually killing time while waiting in the rain, in line at a film festival in Hollywood]

Thanks MP! : )

By Joel Unema
From Flagstaff, AZ
me
Stories... about pro climbers doing something new, cool and hard, or weekend warriors getting it done on personal projects. New areas, new routes, as long as the locals are cool with the area being publicized!

Page 1 of 4.  1  2  3  4   Next>   Last>>