What are you riding?
   Page 1 of 2.  1  2   Next>   Last>>

By aluke
From SLC, UT
Mar 27, 2009

Been too rainy here in the midwest to do anything, climb, bike, etc... and I gots cabin fever.

So what is everybody riding? I know there are a lot of climbers out there who also ride road or mtb. It is great exercise and is what is getting me back in shape after my knee surgery.

I have a Gary Fisher HiFi deluxe mtb and Giant TCR2 composite road. Got great deals on both of them and absolutely love them.

I primarily prefer mountain biking but use the road bike because I don't have to drive anywhere to start my ride.

By Tparis
From Pottersville,New York
Mar 27, 2009
fall foliage 5.7+ slab

Morphine

By John Maguire
From Boulder, CO
Mar 27, 2009
Bastille Crack Final Pitch

Mountain - 03 Specialized Epic
Road - 09 Giant TCR Advanced 2

Another question...
Where is your favorite place to bike?
I started riding on the east coast in MA and NH and then moved to Boulder for college. I've done a lot of riding here and I have to say the best local is probably up in Lyons (Hall Ranch). I have also rode Fruita (18 roads and kokopelli (sp)) but recently went out to Moab. As an XC rider and racer I have to say I was a huge fan. Slickrock was fun but without tons of suspension many of the other "classics" just weren't super fun. Anyone have any opinion on Fruita vs Moab?

By JWong
From Los Angeles, California
Mar 27, 2009

I've got a Mondonico as well for the road. Got it during one of Antonio's visits to the US to fit people. It took about 5 months to get the frame after he measured me for it. Love a nice steel frame. JohnL, you gotta put Campy on a handmade Italian frame. Shimano would be like putting a big spoiler on the back of a Ferrari :) You're gonna love the ride, the Mondonicos make a nice ride. I think his son, Mauro took over the business. Chatted with him about his experience driving team cars during the Giro. That was pretty cool.

Have a fixie built out of an old 70's Japanese road bike back in 2005, but haven't ridden it in a while even though fixies are all the rage now.

Mountain bike is an old Specialized... too old to have disc brakes... sigh. Still fun to ride though. Surprisingly, LA has some pretty good mountain biking. I really miss my old Trek 7000 though.

By Paul Hunnicutt
From Boulder, CO
Mar 27, 2009
Half Dome

Road: Blue (the brand not color, though actually it IS blue) aluminum frame with carbon stays, Shimano Ultegra 10 sp. carbon bars, seatpost. Mavic Kysrium wheels. Vittoria Diamante pro tires. Amazing bike after 15 years on a steel frame.

MTB: Gary Fisher Sugar dual suspension, 4" rear/3" front. Mostly an XT kit, including the integrated shifters (yes I like them) and rapid rise rear der.

By aluke
From SLC, UT
Mar 27, 2009

Some nice rides here.

Anybody have an opinion on tubeless? Been want'n it for the fisher, tires and rims are all ready for it...

By Buff Johnson
Mar 27, 2009
smiley face

I'm one to hook up with the porcelain bus

By Jake D.
From Northeast
Mar 27, 2009

main bike CSK frame w/ Ultegra(rival cranks)

Rain bike trek 1420 w/ 105

By Lee Smith
Mar 27, 2009
You can love your rope but you can't "LOVE" your rope! <br />(Back by Popular Demand.  There you are Mom) <br /> <br />

V-Star. Not a Fixie but it only has 5 speeds.

We'll call this one "Mid-Life Crisis"
We'll call this one "Mid-Life Crisis"

By superhero
Mar 28, 2009

I've herd riding bikes gives you e.d.

By Michael Schneiter
From Glenwood Springs, CO
Mar 28, 2009
Goofin' on the Grand after soloing the Upper Exum with my wife.

Haven't been on my mountain bike much yet, but I have been on my dirt bike:

Dirt biking and spring skiing.
Dirt biking and spring skiing.

By Lee Smith
Mar 28, 2009

johnL wrote:
....Lee, mine has 4hi and 4low

John that is awesome! Do you still have it?

superhero wrote:
I've herd riding bikes gives you e.d.

Not true, but trolling does.

By suprasoup
From Rio Rancho, NM
Mar 29, 2009
False Summit of the Thumb

--- Invalid image id: 106391364 ---
Sweet Rides Guys! Here's my Yamaha R1 the "Red Queen"

My moment of indecision...or identity crisis?
My moment of indecision...or identity crisis?

And my VStar "PhatStar" Wish mine was liquid cooled like yours is Lee.
What in the world is that thing JohnL? That bike is sweet!

By Chase Gee
From Wyoming/ Logan Utah
Mar 30, 2009
My Top Secret Yet to be named crag.

I've Got A Raliegh Mojave 5.0 hardtail right now but this friday I'm putting in my order for a Yeti ASR Carbon from all you fella's neck of the woods.

By Chase Gee
From Wyoming/ Logan Utah
Mar 30, 2009
My Top Secret Yet to be named crag.

Lee Smith wrote:
Not true, but trolling does.
BOOM! hahah Lee When I turn 21 remind me to buy you a beer for that one. Classic!

By stredna
From PA
Top o' the Preist

anyone have a nice used road bike for sale? im 6' tall 155lbs. assuming ~58cm PM me

By matthewWallace
From plymouth, nh
Mar 30, 2009
Sticking the pinch on the V5 variation. self portrait.

MTB - I am riding a '05 Jamis Dakar full suspension. three in the rear si in the front. sweet ride.

working on picking up a road bike within the next few weeks

By Tradster
From Phoenix, AZ
Mar 30, 2009

Kona Dawg 5" travel MTB. Scattante 330 road bike. Favorite places to ride: locally anywhere in AZ, but Flagstaff & Prescott are great; Fruita rules; Gooseberry Mesa; and Bootleg Canyon in Nevada. Moab is nice, too, but too crowded. Fruita is better for camping, less crowds, etc.

By Christopher Jones
From Denver, Colorado
Mar 30, 2009
Climbing So Wild at Thunder Ridge photo by Kevin McLaughlin.

Specialized fsr stumpjumper pro mountain bike, Litespeed Roubaix road with Campy daytona, Redline Mono Cog 29er single speed, and a 83' Colnago with some old super record. My motorcycle is a Kawasaki KLR 650.

By cheifitj
From Boulder, Colorado
Casual Route Pitch 3  <br />Photo by Mark Cushman

Road-- Trek 2200
Mountain-- Pre Bankrupt Schwinn straight 6 4 banger
Faster Road-- Yamaha FJR 1300

In no particular order of how many miles are on each.

By BenCooper
From Wyoming
Mar 30, 2009
Washer Woman and Monster Tower.

Redline D460 29er. 1x9, chromo frame/fork, and those big ole' wheels make this a pretty nice setup. I used to ride a Kona Stinky, then a Craftworks hardtail. I've finally made the conversion to an all-rigid after a long hiatus from biking.

By Rob Kepley
From Westminster,CO
Yosemite Valley..

suprasoup wrote:
What in the world is that thing JohnL? That bike is sweet!
That's the "candy mountain" express dude!

By Crisco Jackass
From Grand Junction, CO

Andrew Luke wrote:
Anybody have an opinion on tubeless?

I've been tubeless for about six years.

It's on par with suspension and clipless pedals, very liberating.

Flats are a bitch though, but only ~10% more painful than with a tube, and way less frequent.

By Tradster
From Phoenix, AZ

Andrew Luke wrote:
Anybody have an opinion on tubeless?

I ride in Phoenix and the desert plenty. Cacti, thorns and pointy plants are everywhere. I use slime tubes, but people do ride tubeless here, but maybe only 25% of all the riders (that's just a guess). I've thought about tubeless to save weight over slime, but I've had slime tubes save the day when I would have had multiple flats, especially on an epic type ride.

By Chris Plesko
From Westminster, CO
OMG, I winz!!!

For MTB tubeless is the way if you ride a lot.

By Dur2Mo
Sep 29, 2009

ben kenobi wrote:

Why go HT? We went opposite. just curious

so you went 29 and HT- as I grew older I found suspension is essential.

Page 1 of 2.  1  2   Next>   Last>>