wearing out your teeth?

By ryan albery
From Flag
Sep 10, 2012

I took a good aid fall from a hook one time, caught my jaw on a ledge and cracked many teeth, and a rock in a burrito in the bottom of the Grand Canyon ended up being a total pain in my jaw... but I'm wondering if anyone else out there has a wear spot in their teeth where they hold their climbing gear? A grasp of rope to go for a bight and reach for a clip, no big deal, but a beaner or a cam when you're anticipating a move... my spot for holding gear in my mouth is my right bicuspid. I do a lot of fishing, and I sheer the line at the same spot when changing a lure or fly with my teeth, so that might be the deal, but I'm wondering if any of climbers out there also have a wear spot on their teeth from clasping onto gear? I was fiddling with some climbing gear today and noticed that I had carabianer/cam grooves in my teeth.

Maybe I need a D2 grill... single piece such that I don't need to floss.

By Siberia
From Birmingham, AL
Sep 11, 2012

I ate the front of a knee board when I was 18. One of my biggest fears is a piece blowing and hitting me in the mouth. When I fall I try and look down/away, but it still is always in the back of my head.

By jbird
Sep 11, 2012

I broke a tooth on Mount Rainier eating a frozen snickers bar, I have never seen anyone place a snickers bar as pro but frozen it felt solid as any hex out there.

By Devin Fin
From DURANGO
Sep 11, 2012
dream canyon fun!

lost a k9 front tooth from a blue Big bro.. last year...at the creek . an that shit HURT!!!!!

geting ugly
geting ugly

By Jerry C.
From Cathedral City, Ca
Sep 11, 2012

I used to cut fishing Line with my teeth. Now it hurts so I just use my needle nose pliers. I also lost a tooth in a lead fall while climbing as a teenager. That added to breaking my front two teeth off on a kitchen counter when I was eleven trying to duck from a french fry my brother threw at me. I should have just let it hit me in retrospect. So now I'm sensitive about my teeth and cringe when I have to put gear in my mouth while climbing. I'm scared that right at the moment when I put the rope in my teeth is when I'll fall and jerk them out.

By Jake Jones
From The Eastern Flatlands
Sep 11, 2012
Me and the offspring walking back to the car after a day of cragging.

Devin Fin wrote:

Craig and Smokey
Craig and Smokey

Daaaaaaamn! How did a Big Bro do that? Did it pop on a fall, or did you just inadvertently smack yourself with it?

By FreeRangeHuman
From safari van
Sep 11, 2012

Popped himself with it in the squeeze chimney. Slid all the way back down. DF is a badass.

By Devin Fin
From DURANGO
Sep 11, 2012
dream canyon fun!

F R H is right on except... im a dumb ass not badass.. the Big Bro i slid down to held strong..

By BigJuggsjohnson
Sep 11, 2012
Stones

Raw! My offer still stands for veneers though!

By Devin Fin
From DURANGO
Oct 2, 2012
dream canyon fun!

ok after reviewing yer outstanding reputation on this site i will take you up on thous veneers Big JUGGS... pleas help me out an i will forever be in yer det... kind of poor but i will be your biggest fan DF

By Marc H