Wasps on Punch and Judy, Near Trapps, Gunks

By KathyS
From Poughkeepsie, NY
Jul 19, 2014
Me at the summit of Inner Course (5.4) in the Outlets.  Long, lovely, mellow route.  Well protected even.  My favorite lead from the trip.
I was not welcomed by the wasps living in the short crack/flake in the middle of pitch 1.

By Jesse Newton
From catskills
Jul 20, 2014
slide mtn, 4180 catskills
nature.

By frankstoneline
Jul 20, 2014
I was always under the impression that wasps were more likely encountered on golf courses and at yacht clubs, but perhaps the REI influence has driven them into less mainstream pastimes these days...

By Kevin Heckeler
From Upstate New York
Jul 20, 2014
Rumney
frankstoneline wrote:

They must have seen Kathy pull up in her Prius.

By KathyS
From Poughkeepsie, NY
Jul 20, 2014
Kevin Heckeler wrote:
They must have seen Kathy pull up in her Prius.

The "I support marriage equality" bumper sticker musta' really pissed them off.

By Kevin Heckeler
From Upstate New York
Jul 21, 2014
Rumney
KathyS wrote:
The "I support marriage equality" bumper sticker musta' really pissed them off.

At the end of the day I think it's fair to assume it's Obama's fault.

By M. Lane
From Somerville, NJ
Jul 21, 2014
All smiles after diving through the squeeze on wolf's head following the Skywalk pitch
There's also a big nest midway up the crack of "Wisecrack" in the Middle Earth Area. My partner got stung twice on his face last week. Thankfully, he was not allergic.

By JasonP
From Clemson, SC
Jul 21, 2014
me
You guys are screwing people out of onsight opportunities by spewing unsolicited bee beta.

By gtluke
Jul 21, 2014
M. Lane wrote:

Hmm, I think I was right next to you and apologized for not warning you about someone getting stung an hour prior. Or you were the first group up.