Wanted:Trad Mentor in SLC

By cBurton
From SLC, Utah
Mar 11, 2010

Looking for someone/people who would allow me to learn to trad climb from them. I am eager to learn and don't mind being a pack horse. I have some experience in learning from a guide, and will also be taking a class on it at the u of u. I am determined to learn it, but it seems wise to go with someone who knows what they are doing. Is anyone willing to allow me to learn from them?

By virgilf
From slc, ut
Sep 29, 2010

i also am looking for people to trad climb with. i have led a few climbs in Yosemite and around slc, but don't have enough gear by myself. would love to trad climb a lot more.

By bheller
From SL UT
Sep 29, 2010

You two can totally mentor each other!

By tony tuttle
From Salt Lake City, UT
Sep 29, 2010

Let's start a club! The SLC trad learners society.

By Andrew Clark
From woodland hills, ut
Sep 29, 2010

Im in!!! I have led somewhere around ten trad climbs and have my own rack, but need some buddies to climb with..

By Sunny-D
From SLC, Utah
Sep 30, 2010
Top of Jah-Man Sister Superior

I am starting to consider myself an old fart. That said I have 25 years of experience Trad. climbing have an AMGA cert. ( not that it matters) and have taught college courses in climbing. I am always looking for new partners and right now am not climbing as hard as I want. I like to teach and share with others, so I would love to get out with some of you.
Dallen

By cBurton
From SLC, Utah
Sep 30, 2010

I'm not sure how my post ended up at the top of the list again since I posted this back in march. I have gained a lot more experience since then and my own trad gear. Anyway, for those of you who need some climbing buddies I would be down. Obviously a couple of you are interested in going so shoot me an e-mail and we can figure a time to go. My schedule has been pretty flexible lately. I have been getting out at least once a week but I have time for more than that so some more climbing buddies would be cool.