Wanted: Climbing partner in Germany

By Frances Fierst
From Munchweiler, Germany
Jul 18, 2014
Indian Creek
I am currently living in Germany, in a small town called Munchweiler an der Alsenz in Rhineland Pflaz. My gear hopefully will arrive in September 2014. In the meantime, it is just me with my harness and shoes.

Please let me know if you are in the area or if you want to meet up in some part of the country to climb. I am not working at the moment and I have access to a car.

Thanks,
Frances

By Fredz
Jul 19, 2014
Hi, I'm looking to put a Climbing trip in Europe together. Frankenjura was on my list.

Have you climbed in Pfalz? German friend of mine told me "you need balls of steel" to climb there.:) I'm not a trad climber, so that could be an issue as well.

I'm looking to leave home around 25th of july. I don't have a car, so dependent on public transport to get there, but willing to share fuel costs if you have one.

How long did you want to climb for? Would you be interested in Frankenjura?

By Frances Fierst
From Munchweiler, Germany
Jul 20, 2014
Indian Creek
Fredz,

I have not been climbing on a regular basis for quite some time and I have not climbed in this area. I actually lived in Germany 20 years ago but I was not a climber at that time.

I am mainly hoping to get out for a few days at this point. I am not up for a European road trip. Right now I have some other travel plans from July 24th through August 13th or so. All I could commit to is a few days after I return at this point. I do have a car so that is not an issue, but no climbing or camping gear.

Thanks,
Frances

By Fredz
Jul 20, 2014
Frances

Ok no problem, I want to get there a little earlier and if I go to Germany it would be for at least a week. Will probably skip it for this trip though.

Enjoy your travels

By scoTt Millbern
From Langenfeld, Germany
Jul 21, 2014
in the Alps
The Pfalz is one of my favorite climbing areas in Germany.
We will be headed there for a weekend trip sometime in the next few weeks. Usually we camp near Dahn.

If you are not happy placing gear in soft sandstone a short drive over the border gets you to the Voges area in France, which is generally pretty well bolted.

I'll drop you a line when we have plans in case you are available/interested.

I am hoping to climb more in the Freankenjura and the Fichtelgebirge this year as well.

scoTt

By Frances Fierst
From Munchweiler, Germany
Jul 21, 2014
Indian Creek
Thanks Scott. Thanks sounds great. I sent you a message with my contact info. I hope we can get outside soon.

Frances