Wanna play a game?
   Page 1 of 7.  1  2  3  4  5   Next>   Last>>

By Robert 560
From The Land of the Lost
Secret Crag

Ok this is a game we played a few years ago and I'd like to do it again....It goes like this; I send someone a brand new locking biner, maybe a nice pear shape or HMS or the first person to respond can pick the type. You, the receiver will take the biner on a climb and then give or send it to someone else and they do the same. Let's see how many climbs and how far this biner can go.

The last time we did this the biner made 161 climbs in a year. Traveling form the Gunks to the Nose of El Cap. That biner climbed at 93 locations with 107 different people.

The only Rule is whoever does the climb MUST post a trip report on this forum in answer to this post.

Please only pass the biner to someone who will follow the rule. Anyone want to play?

Let me know,
Robert

Edit: The trip report should include a pic of the biner at the route.

So far we have;
1) Larry DeAngelo
2) John Fodor
3) Shawn Mitchell
4) Adam Berger
5) Buck Dooley
6) J.P. Boyd
7) Nate Oakes-New Zealand
8) Bill Bones-Denali

By Adam Berger
Rebuffat's Arete on Rewritten

That's a pretty cool idea - plus - we don't get enough trip reports here on mtn. project. How can I kill time at work if there isn't a good climbing adventure to read about?

By Not So Famous Old Dude
From Denver, CO

Adam Berger wrote:

Trip reports???? BYLECH!!!

And underage gymnasts! Good lord, people, wake up!

By Robert 560
From The Land of the Lost
Secret Crag

Not So Famous Old Dude wrote:
Trip reports???? BYLECH!!! What about Russia's aggression towards Georgia's aggression towards South Ossetia's aggression towards Georgian aggression towards South Ossetia???????????????? And underage gymnasts! Good lord, people, wake up!

That's the CNN forum not the climbing forum.

By Larry DeAngelo
From Las Vegas, NV
!

Robert 560 wrote:
Anyone want to play? Let me know, Robert

Sounds good-- "the society of the traveling carabiner." Can't be a locker, though. A classic old school oval seems appropriate. As it happens, I have one to contribute...

By John Fodor
From Bolder, Co

Larry DeAngelo wrote:

Larry, Are you starting the game with your classic old school oval?

By Robert 560
From The Land of the Lost
Secret Crag

Larry DeAngelo wrote:

Ok Larry lets get the show on the road...Or biner on the road so to speak. Are you willing to start the game? If so take that biner out and climb with it and post a TR. Then pass it on and see where it goes. OH, and don't forget the picture.

Robert

By John Fodor
From Bolder, Co

Larry,

Send it my way. I'll put it on my proj for a day. PM me for my address.

By Larry DeAngelo
From Las Vegas, NV
!

John Fodor wrote:
Larry, Are you starting the game with your classic old school oval?

All right-- I will start with the first route this weekend. Then it goes on to John...

By Robert 560
From The Land of the Lost
Secret Crag

Great, Looks like we have a game. Can't wait to read the reports and get my turn at writing my own.

By Shawn Mitchell
From Broomfield
Aug 22, 2008
Splitter Jams on the Israel/Palestine Security Wall.

Hey John, may I have it after you? I have a special field trip in mind that will scratch NSFOD's itch for off-climbing posts. ...oh, and it'll go up a route, too.

By Adam Berger
Rebuffat's Arete on Rewritten

I'm in, maybe we should start a list of the people who are interested, then you can just pm the next guy/gal on the list for their address and then send the biner on it's way

By Robert 560
From The Land of the Lost
Secret Crag

Adam Berger wrote:

That's what we did last time. It worked out really well. I will look at this every day and add a list to my original post. Everyone ok with that? If anyone has a better way just let me know.
Robert

By JPVallone
Aug 22, 2008

I have a better idea for a game.

Someone takes me on a climbing trip and then posts it on this page so everyone can see where I climbed and I can spray about my climb,

Then you fly me to the next person that wants to climb and host my presence.

etc, etc,

Then we can keep a log and see how many places and climbs I can go on in a year.

The best part is at the end I can really work on filling up my profile tick list out on MP so everyone can see my meaningless climbing resume.

Who wants to play? How do you win the game anyway?

By Tom Hanson
Climber Drawing

ok, let's play thermonuclear war

By Kat A
From Bart and Lisa Ville, CO
Summit of Chasm View

Robert 560 wrote:
Let's see how many climbs and how far this biner can go.

That lucky biner is going to get a lot of crack.

By Buck Dooley
Mmmmm... summit beer.....

Tom Hanson wrote:
ok, let's play thermonuclear war

Also, i wouldn't mind playing... pass the biner, not the war so much

By Hank Caylor
From Golden, CO
Aug 22, 2008
Courtesy Denver Police Dept.

Tom Hanson wrote:
ok, let's play thermonuclear war

Yer' funny! And oh so 80's.

By Not So Famous Old Dude
From Denver, CO

*** wrote:
That lucky biner is going to get a lot of crack.

Nice link-up!

By Tom Hanson
Climber Drawing

The Hankster wrote: "Yer' funny! And oh so 80's."

Busted! Yeah, I guess that I found a period of history that I liked best and never left it. Perhaps to a climber, the decade that spans their thunder years (age 20-30) may be reflected upon with the fondest of memories.

By Not So Famous Old Dude
From Denver, CO

Tom Hanson wrote:

For me, that was my "follow your wife around and visit her family and play a lot of golf years." 30-NOW! Baby, yeah!!!

By Shawn Mitchell
From Broomfield
Aug 22, 2008
Splitter Jams on the Israel/Palestine Security Wall.

Not So Famous Old Dude wrote:
Nice link-up!

Nice turn of a phrase!

By Nate Oakes
~2000' above Boulder.

If anyone's willing to send it abroad in a few months, I'd love to take it up some routes in New Zealand!

By Bill Bones
Aug 22, 2008

Nice Game. I am planning a trip to the Cassin Ridge on Denali next year. I would be way down to take it there.

By Robert 560
From The Land of the Lost
Secret Crag

Nate Oakes wrote:

Bill Bones wrote:

Awsome!!! The last biner never left the country.

By Kaner
From Eagle
Aug 22, 2008
Leading an unknown route.  Photo credit: Sam Lange.

gas money is keeping me to the Front Range but we could pass it around to quite a few people in a short time. count me in

Page 1 of 7.  1  2  3  4  5   Next>   Last>>