VOTE FOR THE SOUTHERN ARIZONA CLIMBERS COALITION BY MARCH 1ST

By cochiseclimbing
Feb 16, 2014
My favorite place

The Banff Mountain Film Festival, hosted by Summit Hut, is drawing near and SACC is one of the finalists for this year's grants! Please vote for SACC by going online to the SUMMIT HUT FACEBOOK PAGE or in store.

The two organizations receiving the most votes will win $2000 each and the three runners up will each receive a $250 Summit Hut gift card!

And don't forget to visit the SACC booth at the Banff Mountain FIlm Festival at the Fox Theatre.

Summit Hut | Banff Grant Voting
Locations We have two store locations in Tucson, Arizona: 5045 East Speedway at Rosemont 605 East Wetmore at 1st Ave.

By Robbie Mackley
From Tucson, AZ
Feb 16, 2014
Me and Holden at the "Matterhorn"

If you're from Southern AZ or not, your vote counts, and would be greatly appreciated. Please take the time to help a grass roots climbing organization.
-Mackley

By cochiseclimbing
Feb 18, 2014
My favorite place

If you went climbing this weekend please take the few minutes it takes to vote. If everyone who climbed this weekend voted we could win this contest.

SACC is working with the Forest Service and taking steps so that in the future climbers won't have to have a permit to go climbing!! Yes, that could happen. We need organizations like SACC to keep our climbing resources free and accessible.

Support SACC! VOTE TO HELP US KEEP GROWING!

By NC Rock Climber
From The Oven, AKA Phoenix
Feb 18, 2014
tanuki

I just voted.

By Eric D
From Gnarnia
Feb 18, 2014
Born again on the last move of the Red Dihedral, high Sierras.

Hi Cochise Climbing - What would the SACC use the money for?

By Robbie Mackley
From Tucson, AZ
Feb 18, 2014
Me and Holden at the "Matterhorn"

Eric,
As you can imagine there are numerous ways the SACC could use the grant. Everything an organization like the SACC does has some overhead cost behind it. Meetings are free, but the ink, toner, and paper for handouts is not. Mountain cleanup days rule, but trash bags, gloves, etc. cost something. A web sight would be great someday, but again, a halfway decent page will cost something. Savings, for possible future legal council would be great too. These are just some simple things off the top of my head and I in no way speak for the SACC.
To answer your specific question, I would assume that it would be a subject for discussion/vote at a future meeting.
-Mackley