Video Killed the Radio Star

By Daryl Allan
From Sierra Vista, AZ
Dec 5, 2012
Me and my Fetish I guess.. ;)

Hi all,
Is there anyone currently projecting a hard line (preferably trad) in either the Stronghold (first choice) or Mt. Lemmon area that would like to take part in a video documentary? I'm taking this on as a short film project and am looking for a subject climber to be the lead. I'm flexible on the flow and actually like the idea of storyboarding two subjects in two separate areas and routes (one sport, one trad) and bouncing between the two progressions throughout the film. Pretty sure the latter scenario would entail quite a bit more work but would produce a much more interesting end product so I'm not 100% on the double subject thing just yet.

So, anyone game to be a rock star?

EDIT: Although I said "currently working", what i would actually like is someone taking a project on from the very first attempt. So, not to rule out folks that have already started working lines (for all you Orifice gorillas), but I would prefer to get footage and interviews from start to finish to document the full progression; mental as well as physical.

d

By Joe Kreidel
From Tucson, AZ
Dec 6, 2012

I don't like being in front of the camera, but if you needed any help shooting I might have some time to help out that way. I've got a Canon 7d and a fair amount of experience shooting/editing video. Either way, good luck with the project!

By Daryl Allan
From Sierra Vista, AZ
Dec 6, 2012
Me and my Fetish I guess.. ;)

Thanks Joe, I may just hit you up for that. I was going to do some of the interviews and creative footage with my 5d but was going to shoot the main action sequences with my dedicated HD rig. Would love to get two angles/heights though especially one as a prime or 24-70L on the 5d or your 7 to go along with the main reel.

If you're serious about co-shooting and maybe even co-producing, let's meet up and throw some ideas around. I've received a few PMs and Geir helped me out with a few leads to get started on subjects. Are you in the Tucson area? I've got two 27" iMacs to do the production on. Man, I can already hear the beer bottles piling up on production nights...

By Joe Kreidel
From Tucson, AZ
Dec 6, 2012

Cool. I'm in midtown, close to Reid Park. Send me an email at joe dot kreidel at gmail dot com and we can talk.

By Alex McIntyre
From Tucson, AZ
Dec 6, 2012

I sent you a PM Daryl, let me know if it didn't go through.

By Daryl Allan
From Sierra Vista, AZ
Dec 7, 2012
Me and my Fetish I guess.. ;)

I didn't come through and nothing in spam folder.. If you would, go ahead and shoot it to zihyer at g mail. Thanks Alex!

By Geir
From Tucson, AZ
Dec 7, 2012
Toofast

LOL Orifice Gorillas. Funny term!

This is a really neat idea. Daryl's a really cool guy and I think this could wind up being a great project.

By Daryl Allan
From Sierra Vista, AZ
Dec 7, 2012
Me and my Fetish I guess.. ;)

By Pat Mac
From Tempe
Dec 12, 2012
Jacks Canyon. Board.

Hey Daryl. Totally would love to man. Let me know. However during the winter I usually don't go down to Lemon. Usually stay at Homestead/Red Rocks. Let me know.

By Geir
From Tucson, AZ
Dec 12, 2012
Toofast

Daryl Allan wrote:
Thanks for the helpful email on this Geir. Hey, I heard you might have some climbing gear you're looking to sell. I'm ok with a little dust.. let me know. Group email started. Thanks everyone.. really looking forward to getting this thing off the ground!

Hey Daryl,

I am not selling any climbing gear. Most of the time I am buying up used aliens to replace the ones I mangle. Could this be what you heard?

By Daryl Allan
From Sierra Vista, AZ
Dec 13, 2012
Me and my Fetish I guess.. ;)

Awesome Pat! I'll put you on the email we have going. Can you shoot me a pm or email to zihyer at gmail so i have your current address? Thanks!

Geir, I was just yanking your chain about not having any projects going. :P

By Geir
From Tucson, AZ
Dec 13, 2012
Toofast

HA! I'll get you for this punk! :)

By Daryl Allan
From Sierra Vista, AZ
Dec 20, 2012
Me and my Fetish I guess.. ;)

LOL.. :)

Hi everyone, I scanned through my email and PMs and tried to update the email conversation with everyone that is on board or has expressed interest to get everyone in the same offline discussion. If you didn't get that email from me today, please send me another PM because I missed you (sorry!!). In that case, I'll do another update and add you to the email.

thanks!