use the partner finder mtn proj folks

By MJMobes
From The land of steady habits
Aug 7, 2012
modern man
I see everyone has decided to ignore the partner finder and clog the forum with "partner wanted" posts. this should be a sticky on every forum, especially the east.

By Nick Stayner
From Billings, MT
Aug 7, 2012
Nick Stayner near the crux. Ryan Minton photo.

By Stickygreens
Aug 7, 2012
By Nick Stayner
30 mins ago
From The Magic City

By slk
From Reno, NV
Aug 7, 2012
me
Yeah, I'm not looking for partners but it's nice to know when someone new is in the hood. I just welcomed someone new today that I never would have met because I don't use the partner finder

Don't be such a D-bag about it. You should have a sticky on your face. MP cry baby...

By Todd Cook
From Hawthorne, CA
Aug 8, 2012
me in Africa
I love the idea of partner finder, but isn't it awfully close to cold calling, or selling door to door?

C'mon, has anybody had good luck using partner finder? How many cold emails did it take?

Somebody, do tell! Make me a believer.

Call me lazy.

By slk
From Reno, NV
Aug 8, 2012
me
I feel like a lot of the posts are from people new to an area .

In this case, it is good to post up because MP folks will have recommendations for certain areas based on climbers they know and trust. Networking beeeeeotch!!!!

Why be so against people meeting just because you're too lazy to scroll?

By matt davies
Aug 8, 2012
This is a climbing site? I just assumed it was a product focus group for Black Diamond.

By slk
From Reno, NV
Aug 8, 2012
me
matt davies wrote:

ba-dum-bump "Houston, we have a comedian"

By Matt Sedor
From portland, or
Aug 8, 2012
mmmmmmonkey
Nick Stayner wrote:
Oh the irony! You would have the partner posts removed for what? To make room for all the valuable, insightful, climbing-related commentary that usually circulates on the front page? I think not. I personally like seeing the partner requests... makes me happy to know some people still use this site for things pertaining to rock climbing.

+1....well played Nick