Trip Report: The Diamond in Winter c2c by Colin Simon

Mar 1, 2012

Full trip report here

pullharder.org/2012/03/01/young-guns-part-1-colin-simon-and->>>

By Rob Dillon
Mar 1, 2012

bad ass.

I will now resume climbing on warm, sunny rocks.

By Stich
From Colorado Springs, Colorado
Mar 1, 2012
Coffee after freezing our asses off near James Peak.

12-year-old pimp.
12-year-old pimp.

By Greg Miller
From boulder, co
Mar 1, 2012

Sounds like someone has a case of The Butt Hurt.

By Stich
From Colorado Springs, Colorado
Mar 1, 2012
Coffee after freezing our asses off near James Peak.

Joke's on you, 12-year-old dude. Your mom is my girlfriend.

BAM!

By Jake Jones
From Richmond, VA
Mar 1, 2012
Me and the offspring walking back to the car after a day of cragging.

Lengthy trip report. Took me forever to read. Tons of descriptive details. Lots of great pics of you guys actually on the route.

By Robert Buswold
From Longmont, CO
Mar 1, 2012
Clear Creek Canyon, Capitalist Crag

JLP Wrote: "You totally lost me here.

While you're busy spraying all over the net about 5.7 A1 in the dark, that 12 yr old is probably banging your girlfriend. If you have one."

If you'd keep reading, the article isn't really about how much harder he climbs in the mountains - it's highlighting younger climbers that actually climb hard in the mountains. How many times have you climbed the Diamond in winter?

By Captain Choss Sauce
From Durango, CO
Mar 1, 2012

Hope you're still climbing hard Colin! Keep up the good work

By Gil Weiss
Mar 1, 2012

Just to clarify, Colin Simon and Kirill Langer climbed the diamond in winter. I did not do this climb (yet). I simply introduced a new series of trip reports that we'll be posting on our Website, pullharder.org.
I think Colin's TR is to the point and tells the reader what they need to know to actually attempt the climb and gives a short recap of their experience. Anyone who has actually climbed the diamond in winter knows that its pretty burly. Besides the fact that these guys pulled it off in decent time c2c, I also respect the fact that they are modest and didnt go spraying all over the net. I thought they deserved more attention and I asked Colin to write up a short report for pullharder.org.

By Gil Weiss
Mar 1, 2012

Stich wrote:

thats my worst fear

By Robert Buswold
From Longmont, CO
Mar 2, 2012
Clear Creek Canyon, Capitalist Crag

Thanks Gil, I for one, enjoyed the trip report... although I'd have liked it to be longer and more pictures - I understand pictures aren't always top priority while trying to climb fast.