Trad Mentor/Partner for Yosemite

By Patrick Cunnane
From Yosemite, CA
Apr 18, 2012

Hi all,

I'll be living 10 miles outside of the West gate of Yosemite for the summer and am looking for people to climb with. I've been climbing for a few years, but am pretty inexperienced with trad and crack climbing specifically.

I have a rope and a standard trad rack to contribute, and don't mind doing a lot of following. I really just want to get out there and gain experience.

By S Denny
From Carbondale, CO
Apr 18, 2012

PM sent

By Ryan Huetter
From Mammoth Lakes, CA
Apr 18, 2012
From Mountain Magazine (Bruce Carson's first clean ascent of Sentinal Rock's West Face)

Careful Patrick about the offer of showers and beds to the dirtbags of the Valley! They won't ever leave!

By Jack Ziegler
From Lakewood, CO
Apr 22, 2012
me

I'll rope gun for you for a shower! I'll be in Yosemite all summer.

By Patrick Cunnane
From Yosemite, CA
Apr 26, 2012

Thanks for all the PMs guys. I'm still looking for more people.

I just decided to get minor surgery for ingrown toenails so I'll probably be recovering for the next month and hopefully be up in Yosemite in late May.

Ryan - You're probably right but if I'm to someday become one of those dirtbags I figured I'd sweeten the deal.

Jack - Sounds good and I'll let you know when I'm up there.

By Colin Simon
From Boulder, CO
Apr 28, 2012
Just below Thunderbolt Peak

Personally I find Camp 4 to be a wonderful place to meet people. I've made several lasting friendships/climbing partnerships that started there. Even gained a good friend from the Camp 4 message board.

By Jonathan Guy
From Bay Area, CA
Apr 28, 2012

Of course Colin would say that...he's so dreamy...

Patrick, I might have some mid-week trips over the summer and would be psyched to climb with you. I'll give you a shout when I know more.