Tower Climbing...Transmission, that is. (Vid)

By DaveB
Dec 20, 2010
Vitruvian Man (da Vinci)

So, whatta ya think? Would you classify these guys as "climbers"?

Don't know about you, but I think I'll stick with dime edges and splitters.

Scary stuff....

www.liveleak.com/mp53/player.swf?config=www.liveleak.com/mp5>>>

By Eric Kuenstner
From Washington, DC
Dec 20, 2010
basking in the Seneca exposure

no but they still have way more balls than most rock climbers.

By clemay
From Boulder, CO
Dec 20, 2010

I used to that for work years ago, you learn REAL QUICK how to keep your head and not freak out with the exposure. I highest I climbed on a tower was about 1100ft. It gets interesting when it's windy and the tower starts swaying.

By Ryan Myers
From Tempe, Arizona
Dec 24, 2010
sheepshead

i see theyre using what looks like a grillion and some sort of daisy chain tether. Are they protect when climbing and moving or moving the daisy upward?

By wankel7
From Indiana
Dec 24, 2010

Looks like he is free soloing !

Man that haul bag looks like a pain in the ass.

By wankel7
From Indiana
Dec 24, 2010

www.rbr.com/radio/ENGINEERING/94/27557.html

www.wirelessestimator.com/t_content.cfm?pagename=Tower%20Wor>>>

By John Hegyes
From Las Vegas, NV
Dec 24, 2010
South of Windy Peak

It's funny how many different websites I've come across with this video. They are in total violation of OSHA fall protection regulations and they lie when they say their actions are legal. When they use the equipment they have, they exhibit total cluelessness with poor carabiner and hook usage. If they want to act stupid and unsafely, fine, that's their business. To video record their actions and post it to the web takes things to the next level. I'm sure their employers got in a ton of trouble and probably fired them.

By Joe C
From Boston, MA
Dec 24, 2010

Got to give the guy credit he has got balls. But there is a difference between brave and stupid...one strong gust of wind and he's gone.

By wankel7
From Indiana
Dec 24, 2010

Joe C wrote:

No doubt that weather didn't look to good in the distance and they seemed close to sunset.