Today We Celebrate What We Al Knew Already!!
   Page 1 of 2.  1  2   Next>   Last>>

By James Crump
Apr 30, 2012
Texans are the BEST Climbers!!!!!!

Today, in Austin, The Texas Tower will glow Burnt Orangein honor of the Texas Longhorns National Championship Team!!!

dailytexanonline.com/universit...

Texas Rock Climbing club wins first national championship

The Eyes of Texas

Hook'em Horns!!!

By Timmamok
From Durango, CO
Apr 30, 2012
crack at undisclosed location - my little proj
"Today We Celebrate What We Al Knew Already!!"

Thanks for posting what we already knew

By James Crump
You are welcome!

By fat cow
From St. Paul, MN
perfect seam
a texan with their head up their ass, no way.

By Tom Mulholland
From #1 Cheese Producing State!
Whiskey-a-Go-Go
Come on, be nice. He should at least be able to celebrate on here. Nobody in Texas will notice (I know, I lived there).

By Shelton Hatfield
From Austin, Texas
Photo by Damien
nice one fat cow. there's nothing quite like hating on a whole state full of people for little to no reason, eh?

EDIT (for relevance):
good for the team! a nice group of kids

By Jake Jones
From Richmond, VA
Apr 30, 2012
Me and the offspring walking back to the car after...
Here's another winner from Texas.
Here's another winner from Texas.

In all fairness to fat cow, Texans are known for thinking that everything in their state is "bigger and better" and this:

"Texans are the BEST Climbers!!!!!!" with all its extra exclamation indulgence and grandeur derserves at least a little bit of ridicule. If anything, I would say the best climbers are from CA, CO, and WV or KY. When I think Texas, I think of celebrated executions and behemoth dunces wearing football uniforms. Not climbing. Congrats to the team that did so well. I commend your efforts and work ethic.

By James Crump
muttonface wrote:

Hey, and any photo of Rick Perry is funny as shit! I expected this reaction and welcome them! As to who is best? It was settled on the walls against 30 teams.

Our secret is we have a great coach, John Myrick!!! The man, the climber, the teacher, the leader, the mentor!!!! Our secret Texas Weapon!!

By Shelton Hatfield
From Austin, Texas
Photo by Damien
muttonface wrote:

agreed. i just think that ridicule should be directed at the person who wrote the words specifically. and i'm fully aware our governor is a jackass :)

By James Crump
What?
What?

By Shelton Hatfield
From Austin, Texas
Photo by Damien
in closing:

state pride = good
state hate = bad
Crump = harder than most could hope to be

By James Crump
Shelton Hatfield wrote:
in closing: state pride = good state hate = bad Crump = harder than most could hope to be

Thanks Shelton, but I am an old flabby shadow of what I was back in the hardman days... I am living a vicarious thrill through what my Horns have pulled off!

Cheers,
-james

By Leeroy
Shelton Hatfield wrote:

I wish Mexico would take back Texas along with most of the south. Sorry Austin.

By fat cow
From St. Paul, MN
perfect seam
kidding mostly, spent a lot of time in TX and most of the folk seem quite amiable. with any state you get the ridiculous "my state is better than your state" which is about as clever as "my dad can beat up your dad."

By Jeff Chrisler
From Boulder, CO
Apr 30, 2012
it's cute that they won. i am thinking many large universities don't have a rock climbing club because if they did, the three time reigning champs coming into this comp wouldn't have been the university of central florida.

By Rob Dillon
Apr 30, 2012
What else are you going to do for fun in central Florida? Maybe it makes sense.

By Gilroy
From Boulderado
Thunderkiss
Dunno about that, Jeff. Where else would they HAVE TO climb in the gym as much as in Florida...

John Myrick is just a great climbing coach and anyone aware of his record with the youth teams he coaches would agree.

Keith

By Jeff Chrisler
From Boulder, CO
Apr 30, 2012
true. i looked for the other competing universities, but there is little mention on the interwebs other than that article.

congrats to the UT climbing team for sure. i just think that most universities in the west don't have teams because most climbers (i think) are more connected to the team they have at their local gym of choice. and in most cases, the uni climbing wall in many western towns is not as good as the one at the gym down the street.

By Shelton Hatfield
From Austin, Texas
Photo by Damien
Leeroy wrote:
State pride? What purpose could elevating your own state's status in your mind serve other than to place others below you? Typical Texass. I believe that's why christians call pride one of the seven deadly sins. I'm certainly not a follower of that popular cult but I know Texass is full of believer's in the "word". I wish Mexico would take back Texas along with most of the south. Sorry Austin.

Not sure I agree with your conclusion. I think someone can take pride in something and try to elevate its status without having to place it above or below others. For example, I'm constantly try to improve the condition of my body and mind so that I can take pride in its performance, but in no way is it an attempt to place others below me. I'm sure we all have our own take on pride though.

I miss the good ole days when Texas was its own country. It even included quite a bit of the Rocky Mountains back in those days :)

By Gilroy
From Boulderado
Thunderkiss
Jeff Chrisler wrote:

trudat but check out the wall at the U of Houston posted here recently.

sweet, eh...

By matt davies
Apr 30, 2012

This reminds me of when Rick Kane was the surf champion of Arizona, back in '87.

By Newton
From Colorado Springs, CO
May 1, 2012
Monastery action.
Texans are the best... at trying to make climbing into football.

By James Crump
May 1, 2012
Yeah, yeah, yeah, I know, a bunch of Texans! Well we are very proud of our National Champion Climbing Team! From last nights Tower Lighting!

The Texas Tower, Burnt Orange in honor of the Clim...
The Texas Tower, Burnt Orange in honor of the Climbing Team Champions

Traditional Climbers Stack!
Traditional Climbers Stack!

To the BEST College Climbing Team in America!
I give you the TEXAS LONGHORNS!!!!!

By Jake Jones
From Richmond, VA
May 1, 2012
Me and the offspring walking back to the car after...
You know James, people have given you a lot of shit in this thread, including me (although I think mine was in a joking nature) and you haven't really said anything negative in return. Good on you, and congrats again to your team, and all involved in their success.

By James Crump
May 1, 2012

Yes I am very proud of this team and for being a Texan. I started climbing in Texas 45 years ago and we have built a very strong, open and friendly community. We have built our relationships with government land owners and created the representative climbing management structures that has been replicated across the US.

We have great climbing at Enchanted Rock, Hueco Tanks and stacks of limestone sport climbing. We even talked Travis County into buying Riemers Ranch and expanding it with additional purchases, providing a great limestone sports craig.

Many Texans were the initial pioneers of Mex climbing at El Potrero Chico, and we are proud to claim the most rowdy, funniest, climber in the one and only Hank Caylor!

Yeah, we Texans tend to be big, loud and proud, but we have a few reasons to be so and we hold nothing but love for our fellow climbers who have not had the joy of true TexMex and Margs!

Cheers,
-james

Hook'em Horns!

By Superclimber
May 1, 2012
Howdy folks. No doubt Texas is the best state, with the best people, the best athletes, the best climbers, the best hats and boots, the most freedom, the most retarded governor, the best trolling, and pretty much the best of everything. The rest of ya'll suck longhorn balls. Don't mess with Texas!!!

Page 1 of 2.  1  2   Next>   Last>>