Boulder Crushes Boulderer in Boulder, CO

By Stich
From Colorado Springs, Colorado
May 4, 2012
Coffee after freezing our asses off near James Peak.
Dab! Not what we usually mean by crushing a prob.

Boulderer trapped!!!!!

There are better ways to get your "rocks off."

By Brad Caldwell
From Deep in the Jocassee Gorges
May 4, 2012
"It was not immediately clear how Chapman became trapped under the boulder." In no way does this apply that he was a boulderer or even bouldering. Go bash on somebody else besides boulderers! Roped climbing is just "practice climbing" for bouldering anyway!!!

By Scott McMahon
From Boulder, CO
Bocan
You know I'm not even sure how he could have been "climbing". Last time I checked a washing machine was pretty small. I can't even think of a boulder like that next to one of the climbs up at flag. Could be just another case of people calling someone a "climber" just because they are near rocks.

Unless its that boulder I've seen that picture of Lee climbing.

By Stich
From Colorado Springs, Colorado
May 4, 2012
Coffee after freezing our asses off near James Peak.
None of you have seen Little Devil, obviously. As for the boulderer bashing, it is tradition. It cannot be undone.

-El Chuffero

By Red
From Arizona
Cobra Kai
Brad Caldwell wrote:
Roped climbing is just "practice climbing" for bouldering anyway!!!

Wait, I always thought bouldering was a way to build strength for the cruxes on routes. Pebble wrestling is fun and all, but how can you try to make it sound superior to route climbing? That's just silly!

By Scott McMahon
From Boulder, CO
Bocan
Red wrote:

It was, but then techno was invented and the bouldering video was born.

haha sorry, I can't wait to get out of work and had to make a shot!

By Stich
From Colorado Springs, Colorado
May 4, 2012
Coffee after freezing our asses off near James Peak.
So, who is going to send the new boulder problem thusly created by the exfoliated rock?

By APBT1976
Black Dike 12/25/11
Stich wrote:

Lol ha ha hah ha hah ah ahha aha hahahahahahhahahah!

By Stich
From Colorado Springs, Colorado
May 4, 2012
Coffee after freezing our asses off near James Peak.
You laugh, but there is a precedent at Table Mountain when a whole route peeled off from freeze-thaw one winter.

By APBT1976
Black Dike 12/25/11
Sorry i should stay out of this.

One more thing. A guy was trapped by a boulder in Boulder, freaking classic...

By Dylan Colon
From Eugene, OR
May 4, 2012
Me fishing for gear on an onsight of Mung.  Photo by Gokul Gopal.
Prime example: mountainproject.com/v/iron-res...

By Buff Johnson
smiley face
I think it's the new gopher-start technique, there's a how-to book and movie on it from Utah.

By LIV
Kirk Couloir Challenger Peak
Wow - I wish I could "like" on MP - wanting to press something . . .

By Finn the Human
From The Land of Ooo
Mathematical!
APBT1976 wrote:
Sorry i should stay out of this. One more thing. A guy was trapped by a boulder in Boulder, freaking classic...

It's Boulder-ception!

By Josh.Wood
From New York City
May 5, 2012
Red wrote:

I smell a route climbing vs. bouldering argument about to emerge...