Route Guide - iPhone / Android - Partners - Forum - Photos - Deals - What's New - School of Rock
Login with Facebook
 ADVANCED
The Pearl changes again . . .
View Latest Posts in This Forum or All Forums
   Page 1 of 1.  
Follow replies to this topic? Notify me at the top of web site.
1

Email me.
 
 
By Cal
Mar 2, 2014

Not sure if this has been noted before, but the right start hold on the pearl had a major breakage . . . maybe cranking a sit start on a fractured hold ("Pearl Necklace") wasn't such a great idea (or someone got on after rain?). Pearl Necklace must be way easier now.

Before
Before


After
After


FLAG
By John Wilder
From Las Vegas, NV
Mar 4, 2014

Yeah, that happened awhile ago- last year sometime. There was speculation someone may have done it intentionally, but those who have experience looking at chipped holds don't think thats the case. Likely an after rain climber- with increased traffic in Red Rock, don't be surprised to see this happen over and over again.

It rained a half inch in red rock this past friday, and at 9am on Saturday, there were a dozen climbers on Cannibal. And I'm sure at all the other popular cliffs too...


FLAG
By Cal
Mar 4, 2014

Yeah, as a sit start it was ripe for a break, esp. when wet! Doubtful it was intentional.

Wow, 9 climbers right after rain! You're right, it will just continue, and little can be done. Even if 95% of the visiting climbers are educated and aware and use common sense after rain, over time, the remaining 5% will break holds.


FLAG


Follow replies to this topic? Notify me at the top of web site.
1

Email me.
Page 1 of 1.