the dreaded REST DAY

By John Kearney
From Boulder, CO
May 15, 2009

So there comes a time in a person's life where they simply can't climb no more because, well their arms are just too fucked. So help out your fellow brothers and sisters and throw down some ideas or stories to give the rest of us some way to spend 24 hours to get back on top.

By tom selleck

John Kearney wrote:

eloquent

By Ian F.
From Phx
May 15, 2009

What ever you do when your not climbing. This post could be a joke, but is it necesary to have a confirmation on what you should do on rest days. Whatever happened to the times when people thought for themselves. Okay flame away.

By Geir
From Tucson, AZ
Toofast

my girlfreind and i considered this a few months ago. here is some ideas from our list:

-messing with people. this one is fun. go to your neighbor's campsite and completely re-arrange it. or build a cairn trail from your friend's house all the way to his/her favorite bar/restaurant.

-go to the outdoors store and restock supplies for the next day you can climb

-practice your rescue skills

-go to a movie, but only if completely incapacitated. a climbing movie is a plus.

-draw topos of the routes you just put up

By Tevis Blom
May 15, 2009

Rest days are when you go to work, do your laundry, go to school, have a life, go for a hike, etc. If you are a trustafarian who has endless days off and can't figure out what to do when you can't climb, I suggest buying a fishing pole or a hammock.

By John Kearney
From Boulder, CO
May 15, 2009

Yeah, I guess I posted this just because I don't start work til monday and just got out of school. Now I'm too worked to climb, and I'm just bummin'. My bad

By Christian
From Casa do Cacete

change diapers

fill sippy-cups

watch Barney

watch this

www.billabongpro.com/tahiti09/index.php

By suprasoup
From Rio Rancho, NM
False Summit of the Thumb

Slackline or Slack off.

By sean connors
Head Like a Hole

Copious amounts of coitus.

By BHMBen
From The Deeper South
May 15, 2009
Post climb snack... <br /> <br />Photo is of Strappo Hughes, taken in the Yosemite Lodge parking lot in 1982 by Russ Walling.

I like to drink bourbon and shoot inanimate objects with my .45...

By Paul Shultz
From Hudson, Ma
Me! <br /> <br />

Ben Lyon wrote:
I like to drink bourbon and shoot inanimate objects with my .45...

Clearly, you're from the south ;-)

Sleep, check out the local towns if you're on a road trip. Be lazy.

By erik wellborn
From manitou springs
Top of Bridalveil, feelin good

sean connors wrote:
Copious amounts of coitus.

With myself.

By Robert 560
From The Land of the Lost
Secret Crag

Ben Lyon wrote:
I like to drink bourbon and shoot inanimate objects with my .45...

We'll get along just fine when you get to Utah!!

By Tom R
From Denver, CO
May 16, 2009
self portrait

Ben Lyon wrote:
I like to drink bourbon and shoot inanimate objects with my .45...

Hand guns are fun, but rifles are better. Props for the bourbon though.

By Ryan Forbus
From Marietta,Ga/Auburn,Al
May 16, 2009

"I like to drink bourbon and shoot inanimate objects with my .45..."

this has happened on more than one occasion. Usually late at night when everyone is sleeping.... odd how that works... could be the bourbon....

good luck in utah ben. its time for summer climbing when you get back

By Leo Zacharias
From Boulder CO
May 16, 2009
On top of Petit Grepon

If your arms are too fucked there is only one thing to do for rest day to go well ... get fucked! Hopefully in a tent !

By Hank Caylor
From Golden, CO
May 16, 2009
Lone goat..

John Kearney wrote:

BASE jumping, it gives you a whole new perspective on things.

By John Kearney
From Boulder, CO
May 16, 2009

get laid in a tent, base jump..........decisions.....both! mind lending the chute senor caylor? haha

By Buff Johnson
May 16, 2009
smiley face

Earn money - I know, it's a unique concept.
My bailout just hasn't come through yet.

By Josh Brown
May 17, 2009

12 pack of PBR and RC.Com, it seems interesting by number 7.

By slim
May 18, 2009
tomato, tomotto, kill mike amato.

i don't ever take rest days. ever. i hate them.

By Darren Mabe
From Flagstaff, AZ
May 18, 2009
wham bam hand jam. Wrapping up the final moves of Twist of Fate, Oak Creek Canyon. <br /> <br />photo: Blake McCord

trail maintenance

By matthewWallace
From plymouth, nh
May 19, 2009
Sticking the pinch on the V5 variation. self portrait.

belay for friends, post on this site, dream about climbing, do the others things i decided not to do so i could climb... drink in excess

By Chad Kline
May 19, 2009
Atop 'Ancient Art' in the Fishers Tower area of Utah

the half pipe at the skatepark