The 2014-2015 Colorado Ice Conditions Thread
   Page 1 of 10.  1  2  3  4  5   Next>   Last>>

By RobC2
Jul 17, 2014
This..
Pretty wet n' wild in CO this summer the post-monsoon should be epic...

By Alton R.
From Boulder, Co
Jul 17, 2014
Center Direct, V10. Bishop, Ca.
Yes!!! Let's do this!

By GLD
Jul 17, 2014
Just no. Not yet.

By mark55401
From Minneapolis
Jul 17, 2014
14K
might SoF be in around Thanksgiving? curious if late November might be an opportune time

By Bryan Gilmore
From Your Mama
Jul 17, 2014
Beagle
mark55401 wrote:

think it's usually a little earlier than that.

By RobC2
Jul 31, 2014
This..
Days are gettin' shorter...

BIF

By Scott McMahon
From Boulder, CO
Jul 31, 2014
Bocan
RobC2 wrote:
Days are gettin' shorter... BIF

And oh so wet. Fingers crossed this could be the year. haha as long as the potential El Nino doesn't cover it all.

By Shameless Shaemus
Jul 31, 2014
At the end of last season I began injecting Winstrol-V and Rodeo Bull testosterone…now adding insulin growth factor, HGH & peptides…spent most days this summer deadhanging on my axes yelling and screaming at my wife in fits of rage…has really helped our marriage. Ready for ice season.

By ScoRo
From Portland, OR
Jul 31, 2014
Ahhhh, remember the hair and pay tribute to it.
I don't even live in Colorado, but the fact that this thread has already started brings me joy.

By jon jugenheimer
From Madison
Aug 1, 2014
hi
About an inch or so fell on Mt. Evans last night according to a friend that lives around there.

By Dukietown
Aug 27, 2014
From the Friends of CAIC facebook, a shot of Evans yesterday:

By Taylor-B.
From CO & AK
Aug 27, 2014
Mt. Churchill, University Range
Found this avalanche deposition cone a few weeks ago. I went back with the pons and tools and got pumped silly bouldering in the ice cave and it even has a perfect gravel landing! I'm looking for partners to go back for some more fun, send me a PM. I kind of want to keep this a semi-secrete, but will hint that it is only a 15min walk from the 4WD road;)

Avi-ice cave
Avi-ice cave

By Peter Blank
From Grand Junction, Colorado
Aug 27, 2014
Get a life!

By Taylor-B.
From CO & AK
Aug 30, 2014
Mt. Churchill, University Range
Peter Blank wrote:
Get a life!

Haha! Sorry, I just couldn't resist trolling on a ice thread in July/Aug. Get a life suckas. It wasn't a complete lie, the ice cave is located here- mountainproject.com/v/mt-byron...

On another note.
Me and the Lincoln Falls Ice Pixies.
Me and the Lincoln Falls Ice Pixies.

The Lincoln Falls Ice Pixies and I have left the dirty South for more ice and bling up North. This fall it's up to you fine folks of Colorado to do what ever you want with the plumbing up at LF. Most of it is stashed above the pillars area and there is also a submerged bucket and pipe above the Bowling Alley belay boulder that feeds the middle pillars area that needs to be cleaned out. Farming this area really improves the quality and number of climbs up there.
And for those that are looking for relief from the hordes of TRs. I cleaned and trundled about 700ft of climbing on the big rock buttress to the East of LF. The Windy Wall can actually be a reprieve from the strong Westerly winds that plague that area.
mountainproject.com/v/hoosier-...

Have a great season:)
-Taylor

By Alex La.
Sep 6, 2014
Drew and I, trip to Seneca.
Any ideas on what the alpine ice is looking like? Evans black wall area perhaps? Was gonna hike out there and take a look but got tied up.

By Ted Eliason
From Westminster, CO
Sep 6, 2014
First lap on Mixed Emotions
Scraping a friend's photo of Grand Teton Labor Day...
Scraping a friend's photo of Grand Teton Labor Day weekend. The wettest year I can remember in CO looks like its setting up the wettest, fattest, earliest and best ice year in decades. Deadhangs and tool mobililty drills have begun.

By Jon E.
Sep 6, 2014
Anyone seen the ptarmigan fingers recently?

By RobC2
Sep 9, 2014
This..
As my mom used to say when I was but a wee lad, if you don't have anything good to say, shut yer gob...

By Kevin Zagorda
From Glen Haven, Co
Sep 10, 2014
Alpine Stealie
Fresh snow on Long's 9/10.
Fresh snow on Long's 9/10.

Snow overnight on Long's!

By Scott McMahon
From Boulder, CO
Sep 10, 2014
Bocan
snowed on all the peaks..abasin, berthoud pass, pikes.

Good stuff.

By Leo Paik
From Westminster, Colorado
Sep 15, 2014
Some ice is trying to form in RMNP. Here's a photo of ice across from Timberline Falls trying to form up:

Whispers of a new season.
Whispers of a new season.

Also, there were actually bits of ice on the ground at Loch Vale gorge, although it's just water on the cliffs.

By phil wortmann
From Colorado Springs, Co.
Sep 15, 2014
Shredded by the Center Route.
We were up on Pikes yesterday scratching around and ran into a team that had bailed on both TA and BA because the ice was too thin, soft, and chandeliery. With the weather for this week I imagine it will get worse by next weekend. The temps are barely dipping below freezing at night and there is very little water.

There has been a lot of perception of us having a "wet summer," but we are actually below normal for the year mostly statewide. We'll need more storms over the next month, but that would be unusual for our Indian Summer season. October is typically one of the driest months in Co. This is good though, since we can get down to business establishing some hard Scratch and Dangle routes without the distraction of all that Phat ice.

But, I'm an optimist. I believe things can get worse!

By Buff Johnson
Sep 20, 2014
smiley face
pixie love

is lincoln in yet??

By Noah8000
From Vail, CO
Sep 20, 2014
The transfer to ice...in this case a horizontal, w...
Is Martha in right now?

By Cor
Sep 21, 2014
black nasty
Yesterday we climbed an awesome 800' WI4 on Mt.Project! Was thin in spots, but mostly awesome!

See the double peak mountain up in the header of yer screen.. It comes down between the summits, FYI.

By Andy Nelson
From Fort Collins, Colorado
Sep 21, 2014
another day in the park
The "Window Pain" on 9/13. Although not sure if it touched down. Only in my dreams could I climb something like that. Again, bravo Cooper and Donahue.
The Window Pain - 9/13/14.
The Window Pain - 9/13/14.

Page 1 of 10.  1  2  3  4  5   Next>   Last>>