Route Guide - iPhone / Android - Partners - Forum - Photos - Deals - What's New
taking a trip to 29 palms for a week

By Taylor834
From Stephenville, TX
Oct 13, 2012

im going to be in cali for a week visiting my sister and brother in-law and would like some info or some one to help show us some good spots out in joshua tree will be in cali nov 8-13... i will be bringing my gear i have the gear to sport climb and top rope i will have all of it with me so hit me up

thanks

taylor

By agd
Oct 13, 2012
alaska

Do you have trad gear to set anchors?

By Taylor834
From Stephenville, TX
Oct 13, 2012

no im looking into getting some right now hopefully i can before this months up

By Taylor834
From Stephenville, TX
Oct 13, 2012

and any recomendations on what i should get for joshua tree

By FrankPS
From Atascadero, CA
Oct 13, 2012

Taylor,

I think your best bet would be to spring for a guidebook. It will tell you which climbs have bolted anchors and are topropeable. It will also tell you which climbs are sport climbs. Get a guidebook! Nomad Ventures sells them and is on the way into the park in the town of Joshua Tree.

By Adam Stackhouse
Oct 13, 2012
Courtright Reservoir, September 2013

Taylor834 wrote:
and any recomendations on what i should get for joshua tree

As is so often the case, a set or two of long runners for TRs is a requisite JTree item. I mean like a set of 8ft and a set of 15+ft. As far as pro goes, just a few medium sized nuts and a #1 through #3 camalot or similar will get you through.

By Taylor834
From Stephenville, TX
Oct 13, 2012

thanks im actually gonna get one prior to the trip so i can mark a few routes i would like to try out

By Taylor834
From Stephenville, TX
Oct 13, 2012

thanks adam thats what i was looking for...and i have the runners, just gotta get a few more things like the cams and nuts

By toddgordon
From Joshua Tree, California
Oct 14, 2012

Call me up and let's go climbing. (760) 366-9395......I help you figure out what you need and where you can go too...

By Taylor834
From Stephenville, TX
Oct 14, 2012

will do todd im very much looking forward to visiting joshua tree

By toddgordon
From Joshua Tree, California
Oct 14, 2012

Cool....call me anytime before you get here, or when you get here;...I can help you out w/whatever you need or wish. Let's go climbing...Talk to you soon..

By toddgordon
From Joshua Tree, California
Oct 14, 2012

Don't worry about buying trad gear;..just hook up w/the locals and go climbing;..save the $ for beer.....

By susan peplow
From Joshua Tree
Oct 15, 2012
Beer Anyone?

That's our Todd, you sure a generous soul Mr. Gordon. Have fun Taylor, weather should be wonderful and Todd is a top-knotch partner.

By Taylor834
From Stephenville, TX
Oct 15, 2012

will do todd... thats the great thing about this sport every one is very helpful and friendly and will help out in any way possible... and dont worry will have plenty of money for beer and willing to supply to whom ever is willing to show me the area and climb with me and my small group unless i have a few from the marine base add on to our group lol