Super inspiring new route...

By C. Archibald
Apr 7, 2014
On haystack in the Winds

Need something to help build your psych for spring climbing?? Click Here to read about a super inspiring new line that just went up.

By csproul
From Rancho Cordova, CA
Apr 7, 2014
Summit of Wolf's Head with Pingora in the background

C. Archibald wrote:

I love climbing videos, but that might be the single most boring climbing video I have ever watched.

By CCChanceR
Apr 8, 2014

Totally chipped...

By C. Archibald
Apr 8, 2014
On haystack in the Winds

I'm just wondering if it's technically a first ascent. Don't you think the maintenance guys have to go out on those 2 foot wide beams to change light bulbs and stuff? Does she still get the FA?

By Ryan Nevius
From The Range of Light
Apr 8, 2014
Mt. Agassiz

C. Archibald wrote:

No, the route was put up in 2009 by Hunter Roberts CG. However, it wasn't onsight, as they had the beta from Rossetti Architects.

By C. Archibald
Apr 8, 2014
On haystack in the Winds

Ryan Nevius wrote:

That's an important distinction. Also, the route equippers probably just walked across the beams with their feet. As far as I understand climbing ethics, it's not really an "ascent" unless it involves hanging upside down.