Strapping together multiple pads
   Page 1 of 2.  1  2   Next>   Last>>

By Owen Summerscales
From Los Alamos, NM
Gerle creek at loon lake

Anyone got any nifty tips for strapping together multiple pads?

thanks

By Keenan Waeschle
From Bozeman, MT
on top of the RNWF <br />June 2012

duct tape never occurred to you?

bouldering sucks though, better option would be to just rope up.

By JasonT
MS13 Training Arete

Keenan Waeschle wrote:
duct tape never occurred to you? bouldering sucks though, better option would be to just rope up.

says everyone whos not strong enough to boulder...

anyways, get an organic pad...the straps are long enough to pretty much wrap around a whole other pad and still clasp the loops on your organic. They make them longer Im sure for that very reason.

By JJNS

Keenan Waeschle wrote:

Duct tape is a bad suggestion. Just curious why you felt the need to comment on this? You have added nothing other than the fact that you feel you a superior because you climb with a rope.

By Andrew Vojslavek
checking out the Maverick boulder in Clear Creek

I use one of these, cost effective straps

By Jeremy Hand
slopey

Organic is a bit overpriced and imports their materials, so I'm not too sure why they're so hyped. I do love the customization and they put out fine products but I don't think they're worth the dough.

Idk know a good way but this may work

Get a couple of ratchet straps and lay the pads out flat upside down.

Run the straps underneath (the side of the pad you land on should face downward) the pad and tighten until snug

Flip the pads over, so landing is facing up and the metal ratchets are underneath the pads, and crush whatever you need that 20 ft landing zone for :P

I was invisioning strapping just two together but 4(2x2) would easily work as well just get 4 ratchet straps and do 2 width wise and 2 length wise. Good 2 GO!

By Jeremy Hand
slopey

Andrew Vojslavek wrote:
I use one of these, cost effective straps

+1 that is exactly what i was talking about, shoulda read your link first. haha

By Owen Summerscales
From Los Alamos, NM
Gerle creek at loon lake

Keenan - did duct taping your mouth never occur to you?

Thx guys for the tips, maybe it's a bit obvious but was interested in how others solved this problem. Off to the hardware store with me!

By DexterRutecki
From Cincinnati, Ohio
Apr 27, 2012

Dont mind keenan... he can be a bit of a dick sometimes. Or a lot of times.

By JJNS
Apr 27, 2012

Are you strapping them together to transport or to protect a landing?

By Keenan Waeschle
From Bozeman, MT
on top of the RNWF <br />June 2012

dexter can give the same reply lots of times.

By RNclimber
From Riverside, Ca
Seconds before onsighting Gun Smoke V3, Joshua Tree bouldering

I know a lot of people don't like mad rock pads, but they all come with velcro straps that you can attach to other pads. Works really well in what you want to do. I heard Organic does this now, you just have to ask them to customize it for you...as in add the velcro straps.

By DexterRutecki
From Cincinnati, Ohio

Keenan Waeschle wrote:
dexter can give the same reply lots of times. sorry for getting all your panties in a bunch, thought boulderers had tougher skin than that...

Sorry but you are a dick... What else needs to be said? Duct tape is about the dumbest suggestion you coudl come up with so I hope that was on purpose...

You are also young and dont know what you are talking about. And you are pretty skinny and have a really weird shaped face so I wouldnt be giving anyone shit.

Also your name is Keenan... hahahah why did your parents think that would be a good name? And where is your buddy kel!!???

By BryanV
From Fort Collins, CO
Ouray Ice Park

Webbing and a water knot. Simple, cheap and you can make as many as you want.

bv
www.whiteknuckled.com

By DexterRutecki
From Cincinnati, Ohio

David Sahalie wrote:
a guy named dexter telling a guy named keenan he has a bad name. awesome.

My name is obviously a pseudonym, his is actually his real name. Awesome job david....

By Keenan Waeschle
From Bozeman, MT
on top of the RNWF <br />June 2012

DexterRutecki wrote:
And where is your buddy kel!!???

if I had a dollar for every time I've heard that. jesus christ.

I'm 6 foot 6 and weigh 200 pounds, not that I'm looking for a fight, but come at me bro.

The questions of late have degenerated into gumbydom, how the hell would you strap two pads together? a strap? some duct tape? who knows! who fucking cares! If you absolutely must do it I'm sure you can figure it out without 25 responses from people telling you the same thing. I'm a dick but it doesn't mean what I'm saying isn't true.

By Keenan Waeschle
From Bozeman, MT
on top of the RNWF <br />June 2012

god damn I'd becoming what I hate most about mountainproject right now. pointless fights over nothing between two idiots. I'm going to stop now and think before hitting the submit button whenever I see this kind of pointless shit. Just know, if you post questions like this, I am judging you. (like anyone gives a shit)

By DexterRutecki
From Cincinnati, Ohio

Keenan Waeschle wrote:

Hahahahahah

Hahahahaah

"Come at me bro."

Haha what a laugh, thank you for that! Threatening to beat people up over the internet.... I love it :)

By DexterRutecki
From Cincinnati, Ohio

David Sahalie wrote:
do you lie about your age too? because you act like a 2nd grader: making fun of people's names. good job Dex.

By Finn the Human
From The Land of Ooo
Mathematical!

After reading through this thread:

By Tim C
From Lakewood, CO
Apr 27, 2012
Grahh! There be a human in my Throne!

Well obviously this:

By Josh.Wood
From New York City
Aug 16, 2012

Keenan Waeschle wrote:
bouldering sucks though, better option would be to just rope up.

By Zappatista
Aug 16, 2012
Book me, officer.

Keenan Waeschle wrote:
thought boulderers had tougher skin than that...

^^^Wrong. That said, lame solution, Keenan. Ropes are so 1990. Get with the times.

MP: Where those who refuse to get a life attack each other to demonstrate superior levels of sexual desperation, these are...The Days of Our Lives!

By Crag Dweller
From New York, NY
Aug 16, 2012
My navigator keeps me from getting lost

In today's episode, Keenan comes back from the dead and reminds us that he's still incapable of contributing anything valuable to the discussion. And, the episode ends with a well earned bitch slap.

btw...6'6", 200...that's a bean pole description and like 50 lbs short of intimidating.

By Howrad McGreehan
Oct 2, 2012

Keenan Waeschle wrote:

Two idiots fighting over pointless shit. Spot on!

Anyway, on topic. I was thinking about that earlier today, actually. I was thinking about making it easier to transport pads by strapping them together, but I hadn't thought about combining pads for ease pf protection.

I like the straps idea, as they could be wrenched together pretty securely. I mean, this is really just going to come down ti trial and error... whatever you can get your hands on.

By ben schuldt
From Morris, MN
Oct 2, 2012
me in mid summer on the column direct

DexterRutecki wrote:
I didn't lie about my name. Where does it say your username MUST be your real name? You have the reasoning skills of a second grader.... Good job Sallie. Also what is with unnecessary colon above? Do you have the grammar skills of a second grader?

For the record, I have spotted 3 grammatical errors in your post about grammatical errors. Can you find them? ;D

Page 1 of 2.  1  2   Next>   Last>>