Staunton State Park Trail Day

By Mike Morin
From On the Road
Sep 29, 2012
Lincoln Lake

October 14, 2012

9AM - 2PM

Come out and help build trail at this new state park before it opens to the public. The trail work will provide access to the Meadow Dome which is one of the closest climbing areas to the new trail head. Space is limited so if you are interested please sign up with me via a PM. The park will provide bagels and coffee in the morning and participants will have the opportunity to help clean up some of the routes recently developed in the park by providing a little bit of traffic on these routes. This will take place in the afternoon after the trail work is complete at around 2PM.

Please come prepared to work hard with plenty of water and food. Tools will be provided, but participants will need to bring sturdy foot wear and gloves.

By Steve Williams
From Denver, CO
Sep 29, 2012

Aw man, I'm heading out to IC to help Donini that weekend. . .

By Mike Morin
From On the Road
Oct 1, 2012
Lincoln Lake

Bummer Steve! We'll miss ya!

By Monty
From Golden, CO
Oct 1, 2012
Just a teaser

This is an awesome opportunity to show off the climbing community to the park before public access is allowed later in October. Come get dirty, and check out what this new state park is all about. There's something for everyone.

By Monty
From Golden, CO
Oct 2, 2012
Just a teaser

Maybe this will help bring the psych level up.

Just a teaser
Just a teaser

By Glenn Schuler
From Monument, Co.
Oct 2, 2012
A grey fox skull wedged in a crack 100' up on a FA I was working on - don't see that every day...

Looks sweet Monty! Wish I could join you & help with the work. My daughters 16th Bday that weekend - maybe you can show us around after it opens? When is it going to open to the public?
If you guys have another trail day I would love to help out.

By Scott McMahon
From Boulder, CO
Oct 2, 2012
Bocan

Yeah that looks like a fun climb in a great setting.

By Monty
From Golden, CO
Oct 3, 2012
Just a teaser

Bummed you'll miss it Glen! Hoping to make this into an annual event as there is plenty of trail to work on up there.

They will have a grand opening sometime next year when all construction is complete.

By Jason Haas
From Broomfield, CO
Oct 8, 2012

Fixed Pin Publishing will be putting out a fee guidebook to the area, which will be available as a download off their website. We are hoping to have a rough draft of the guide available at the trail day so come show your support!

By Buff Johnson
Oct 8, 2012
smiley face

Awesome!

And yet, I still have to miss out on another awesome climber activity in the area.

By Old and Busted
From Centennial, CO
Oct 8, 2012
Stabby

Thats OK Steve, Glenn and Buff; I do the work of 10 men anyway so you're all still covered

By Old and Busted
From Centennial, CO
Oct 8, 2012
Stabby

Will the park's fixed anchor policy be explained to us?

By Legs Magillicutty
From Littleton
Oct 8, 2012
Function over fashion.  My newest pair of climbing shoes.

Got the day cleared. I'm in. Can't wait!!

If anyone wants to carpool I can pick people up on Deer Creek Canyon Rd at Wadsworth or anywhere along Deer Creek Canyon. I like to call this area "The Lance Lot" or "Lycra Land."

Edit. . .I have nothing against lycra, Lance or cyclist in general.

By RockyMtnTed
Oct 8, 2012

Legs Magillicutty wrote:
Got the day cleared. I'm in. Can't wait!! If anyone wants to carpool I can pick people up at on Deer Creek Canyon Rd at Wadsworth. I like to call this area "The Lance Lot or Lycra Land."

Haha yes because everyone that road bikes wears spandex or wants to be Lance. Will you guys all be free soloing like Alex Honnold this weekend?

By Monty
From Golden, CO
Oct 8, 2012
Just a teaser

RockyMtnTed wrote:

Yes. In lycra.

By Legs Magillicutty
From Littleton
Oct 8, 2012
Function over fashion.  My newest pair of climbing shoes.

RockyMtnTed wrote:

Its a joke. Sorry if I offended you or any of your sponsers.

By Mike Morin
From On the Road
Oct 12, 2012
Lincoln Lake

We have reached capacity! Thanks to everyone that has signed up.

By Mike Morin
From On the Road
Oct 12, 2012
Lincoln Lake

El Tigre wrote:
Will the park's fixed anchor policy be explained to us?

We can definitely talk about it.

By Glenn Schuler
From Monument, Co.
Oct 13, 2012

El Tigre wrote:

'preciacha El tiger, have fun manyana. Post up some pics of the cliffs plz.

By NickinCO
From colorado
Oct 13, 2012
after the hard stuff, into cruiser hands.

Legs Magillicutty wrote:
Its a joke. Sorry if I offended you or any of your sponsers.

hahahahahaha.

Look forward to seeing pictures, would love to be there tomorrow instead of at work!

By Old and Busted
From Centennial, CO
Oct 13, 2012
Stabby

I have a severe respiratory problem. I have to withdraw. Regrets, ML

By Monty
From Golden, CO
Oct 13, 2012
Just a teaser

Sorry to hear that Mike, it's going to take 10 men to replace you! I hope it's not anything major.