Sport Climbing Just Got Safer

Me

16 in total
16 in total

By mcarizona
From Flag
Apr 4, 2013

So did you tie in? Anybody whip?

By jim.dangle

Ken Nichols' driveway?

Jim Dangle

By NorCalNomad
From San Francisco
Apr 5, 2013

Marc H wrote:
You should get MP.com points for your awesome name and great reference to KN's truck being bolted down. hahah Jim Dangle

ohhhh that sounds like fun. Any linky to more info?

By Marc H
From Lafayette, CO
Apr 5, 2013

NorCalNomad wrote:
Any linky to more info?

No, it's just one of those stories that has been passed around NE climbers for awhile now. I honestly don't know if it actually happened, but I like to believe that it did. Maybe someone else can add more info.

By NorCalNomad
From San Francisco
Apr 5, 2013

Marc H wrote:

Well at least now I have a great practical joke up my sleeve :P

By Marc H
From Lafayette, CO
Apr 5, 2013

NorCalNomad wrote:
Well at least now I have a great practical joke up my sleeve :P

Just make sure you pass the chain through tubular webbing to avoid permanent damage to the vehicle. ;-)

By Robbie Mackley
From Tucson, AZ
Apr 5, 2013
Me and Holden at the "Matterhorn"

Did they ban the grigri?

By 20 kN
From Hawaii
Apr 7, 2013

Ryan Palo wrote:

I am not sure that anchor has anything to do with sport climbing. It was established by amateur highliners for a highline anchor. I say amateur because no one in their right mind would ever need a 16-bolt anchor. Although, my understanding is that it is supposed to be two 8-bolt anchors for two separate but close highlines. Either way, that is too many bolts in such a concentrated area.

By Ryan Palo
From Bend, oregon
Apr 7, 2013
Me

Twenty KN, I know what it's for. I was just joking around. It was for a 380 highline in Smith Rock tuff. Pretty sure a bunch of impoverished balance hippies would not waste bolts. I just thought it looked bad was all.

By Geir