Login with Facebook
 ADVANCED
So, where are YOU climbing this weekend?
View Latest Posts in This Forum or All Forums
   Page 2 of 2.  <<First   <Prev   1  2
Follow replies to this topic? Notify me at the top of web site.
1

Email me.
 
 
By Zirkel
From Bishop, CA
Jun 16, 2012
Owens Gorge.  Mt Tom in background.
Leaving for Tuolumne in 5 minutes!

The tentative plan is: Holdless Horror > Bull Dozier > Tenaya Lake (swim) > Mobil Mart (tacos and beer) > Mono Cone (choc shake for drive home).

We'll see how it unfolds...

FLAG
By rogerbenton
Jun 16, 2012
Whoever this guy is, he's just plain irresponsible.
central park bouldering today.
rat rock.
was planning on meeting friends in the gunks but fathers day weekend has me home with the fam.

FLAG
By cmagee1
Jun 16, 2012
Leavenworth. Pimpsqueak is MINE!

FLAG
By Catherine Conner
From Phoenix, AZ
Jun 18, 2012
Contemplative-what is ahead?
So people-how'd it go? Did you climb what you wanted, how you wanted, etc. Pics? Stories?

I lead an off-width, so all good here.

FLAG
By Unassigned User
Jun 18, 2012
Sorry no pics, my weekend got even more awesome as Friday wore it's self out. Ended up surfing in Ventura from 6-9.30, then climbing some little crags back out of the sun till around 2. Then we went and tackled Tree Crack 5.6 2 pitches, I led both. And Ending Crack 5.7 2 Pitches, led both of those as well. Thought about climbing one more but ended up calling it a day.

FLAG
By Boots Ylectric
From Roselle IL
Jun 18, 2012
Tebow Climbs.  Bet you didn't know that.
I'm a bit of a newb. I climbed at Devil's Lake all weekend. Got my first trad lead, a 5.4 on Cleo's Needle. I picked it because it was my first outdoor climb 15 years ago on a trip in high-school (set up as a top rope). I just started following trad in November and have been off the rock the last month or so with a shoulder injury. It felt good to come back and do that. Can't wait to start racking em up now! I think my next lead will be a 5.7 I top roped this weekend and feel really good about.

FLAG
By Thomas Beck
From Las Vegas, Nevada
Jun 18, 2012
beck on limestone
Yep, went right where I said and climbed the route I wanted to.. Redpointed the first ascent of another easy line to finish the day.
Hummingbird Arete 5.10a
Hummingbird Arete 5.10a

FLAG
By ErikaNW
Jun 18, 2012
Rapping off the Matron October, 2010
Did not go where we planned (Elevenmile Canyon - 3 hr drive + 40% chance of rain), instead went to Lover's Leap in Morrison, CO where we still got rained on, but that was fine - made us climb faster! Feeling sad we missed out on Elevenmile since it was evacuated for a wildfire the next day.
Lover's Leap from the road. We did the 5.7 line in 2 pitches. Fun!
Lover's Leap from the road. We did the 5.7 line in 2 pitches. Fun!

FLAG
 
By Ed Wright
Jun 18, 2012
Magic Ed
Worked on my new route in the Potrero Chico. I'm half-way up the 5th pitch.

For more see:

Looking down the first 20 feet of the 5th pitch of a new route in the Potrero Chico
Looking down the first 20 feet of the 5th pitch of a new route in the Potrero Chico
magicedspotrerochico.com/?page...

FLAG
By Mic Fairchild
From Boulder
Jun 18, 2012
personal photo
Eldo yesterday, Boulder Canyon today. Even in the shade, triple digit temps are a bit much.

Nice work Ed, looks sweet up there.

FLAG
By MaraC
Jun 18, 2012
taking a break from climbing shoes before rapping off Arrow
Gunks, Gunks, glorious Gunks!

Had a great day out on Friday; climbed easy stuff, but still felt spanked at the end of the day. Practiced self-rescue on Saturday, and had a great day out on Sunday at the Guide's Wall - Madame G's and Snooky's - my first 5.8 trad lead! Woohoo!!

FLAG
By Princess Mia
From Vail
Jun 19, 2012
Chillin' at City of Rocks
South Platte......... or Vedauwoo....... hmmm decisions.......

FLAG
By Tony B
From Around Boulder, CO
Jun 19, 2012
Got Milk? How about forearm pump? Tony leads "Alan Nelson's Bulging Belly" (5.10, X) on the Lost and Found Flatiron. Belayer is Mark Ruocco. Photo by Bill Wright, 10/06.
Sweden... North of Gothenburg.

FLAG
By Alicia Sokolowski
From Brooklyn, NY
Jun 19, 2012
Hanging out waiting for Die Antwoord to come on stage
Catherine Conner wrote:
So people-how'd it go? Did you climb what you wanted, how you wanted, etc. Pics? Stories? I lead an off-width, so all good here.


Catherine, amazing job. I suck at OW!

FLAG
By Alicia Sokolowski
From Brooklyn, NY
Jun 19, 2012
Hanging out waiting for Die Antwoord to come on stage
MaraC wrote:
Gunks, Gunks, glorious Gunks! Had a great day out on Friday; climbed easy stuff, but still felt spanked at the end of the day. Practiced self-rescue on Saturday, and had a great day out on Sunday at the Guide's Wall - Madame G's and Snooky's - my first 5.8 trad lead! Woohoo!!


I wish I would have seen you Mara!!!

Saturday we did Horseman and Something Interesting. Sunday, we had the kid, so it was all single pitch stuff, but I got to take a run on Ant's Line, balancy fun!

It was the best weather I have ever seen. I am crying inside over the heatwave heading our way. We are thinking of making the escape to Keene this weekend.

FLAG
By Alicia Sokolowski
From Brooklyn, NY
Jun 19, 2012
Hanging out waiting for Die Antwoord to come on stage
JMiller0519 wrote:
I'm a bit of a newb. I climbed at Devil's Lake all weekend. Got my first trad lead, a 5.4 on Cleo's Needle. I picked it because it was my first outdoor climb 15 years ago on a trip in high-school (set up as a top rope). I just started following trad in November and have been off the rock the last month or so with a shoulder injury. It felt good to come back and do that. Can't wait to start racking em up now! I think my next lead will be a 5.7 I top roped this weekend and feel really good about.


Congratulations on your first trad lead!!!!!!! That is a HUGE deal! Let us know how the 5.7 goes.

FLAG
 
By Addison
From Boulder, CO
Jun 19, 2012
me at eldo
Eldorado

FLAG
By Princess Mia
From Vail
Jun 19, 2012
Chillin' at City of Rocks
Tony B wrote:
Sweden... North of Gothenburg.


Awesome!!!!
The granite there is world class. Not super tall but super quality!!!!

My home town.........

FLAG
By Stich
From Colorado Springs, Colorado
Jun 19, 2012
Coffee after freezing our asses off near James Peak.
Lover's Leap off 285 near Denver is pretty cool! I used to go there a lot with Leggs McGillicuty, or was it Beatrix Kiddo? (gasp!)

Got out to Garden of the Gods yesterday after work despite the heat. The East face of Grey Rock was cool in the shade. No real climbing plans this weekend yet, maybe some easy soloing. I'm actually going to my friend's daughter's pool party Saturday. Can you believe that shit? I must be nuts! Actually, the friend and I used to climb togehter. Friends4lyfeOMG!

FLAG
By MaraC
Jun 19, 2012
taking a break from climbing shoes before rapping off Arrow
Alicia Sokolowski wrote:
I wish I would have seen you Mara!!! Saturday we did Horseman and Something Interesting. Sunday, we had the kid, so it was all single pitch stuff, but I got to take a run on Ant's Line, balancy fun! It was the best weather I have ever seen. I am crying inside over the heatwave heading our way. We are thinking of making the escape to Keene this weekend.



Hope we see you guys out there again soon! I will be braving the temps this weekend with my cousin, who's visiting from Florida. At least she'll be used to the weather...

FLAG


Follow replies to this topic? Notify me at the top of web site.
1

Email me.
Page 2 of 2.  <<First   <Prev   1  2