Snow levels in Wasatch

By William Kramer
From Kemmerer, WY
Apr 30, 2014
Lisa Falls
Looking for info on climbing areas up BCC, LCC, and Rock Canyon as far as if there is any snow left or if melted out, and how high are the creeks?

By A.Altmann
Apr 30, 2014
We just had a storm pass through which caused some snow in the mountains. In LCC most of the south facing rock should be dry by now, and (my forecast at least) is showing warm sunny weather for the foreseeable future (~70-75 Degrees) so it should continue to get better. The lower portions of the canyon are climable, but that being said, we drove up to Alta yesterday and it was full blown winter conditions up there, tons of snow still, cold. As for the creek, a few weeks ago it was manageably low, but a lot can change since then.

As for BCC and Rock Canyon, I haven't been up this season so I can't speak.

Hope this at least helps out a bit.

By Anson Call
From Provo, UT
Apr 30, 2014
Profile pic
Just about everywhere in Rock Canyon is clear.

By Bonneville
From Salt Lake City, Utah
Apr 30, 2014
Alpine trip up Grandeur during a winter storm
BCC is mostly clear, at least up to the S-Curves. Should have excellent climbing conditions on most if not all South facing slopes. This weekend is calling for high 70's and low 80's so I imagine any areas that aren't too clear should be clean by early next week. Haven't been in Rock or LCC so I'm not sure on those two.

By Nate Watkins
From Salt Lake City, Utah
Apr 30, 2014
me
I've been climbing up LCC the last 2 months on the south facing areas. Even after this last storm you should be good for the rest of the week. Some cracks might be a bit wet still, but nothing that should stop you from climbing. Went up the S-curves and it was still good. Just hunt for the sun. The shade can still be a bit chilly if you're not climbing.

By TimmDe
May 1, 2014
Hey does anyone know the snow report on Mount Olympus? Headed that way next week and would like some alpine stuff.

By William Kramer
From Kemmerer, WY
May 1, 2014
Lisa Falls
TimmDe wrote:

Was up there about a month ago and didn't hit snow until the bottom of Forgotten Arrete, there was some mud ice combo on the trail which totally justified hauling crampons up, and lots of snow in the pines up there still. We went up the blister hill by pass which was clear and then trail rest of the way to the summit. Ran into a guy up there that went up Guerts and said no snow on it either. I know it was a month ago, but maybe it helps