|Photos:||Recent | Best | Popular|
|Location:||47.52963, -120.71869 View Map Incorrect?|
|Administrators:||Peter Franzen, Jon Nelson, Micah Klesick, Kristine Hoffman (sitewide)|
|Submitted By:||Addict on Jan 30, 2006|
|Seasonal Raptor Closure MORE INFO >>>|
|Mountain Partner for Portland Area||teds||21 hours ago|
|re: Possibly heading to Alaska for the summer for seasonal resort work, need advice||Dommelhiemer||1 day ago|
|Joshua Tree: Room for two, leaving from Portland (around 12/27 - 1/5)||Amy Abunai||2 days ago|
|re: Reorganizing Oregon||Micah Klesick||5 days ago|
|Who is developing the south facing crags near Bellingham?||eyesonice2014||5 days ago|
|re: Oregon||Ryan Butler 1||Dec 11, 2014|
|re: Joshua Tree Dec. 12-23||Max Illman||Dec 10, 2014|
|re: WA ice?||Eli.M||Dec 8, 2014|
|Comments on Snow Creek Wall||Add Comment|
|Show which comments —
Feb 1, 2006
The descent off of Snow Creek Wall is probably not that complicated in the day, but if you find yourself doing it for the first time at night, as I did, you will be hating life. Here are some general tips:
1) From the top, do not descend the first gully. Cross the gully and begin descending the rib to its right. There is some downclimbing here, but you will eventually find a trail.
2) You will be heading generally down and right, towards the creek. After crossing a slab, head down.
3) You will now head down and way back left, picking your way across slabs. Downclimb a steep gully with a large tree in it. Pick up the trail leading left around a huge boulder.
4) When you come to another gully, do not go down-- go across and you will find yourself at the base of Orbit.
5) This place is swarming with ticks. Watch out.
By "Canada" Eric Ruljancich
From: Tucson, AZ / Vancouver, BC
May 8, 2009
"As of April 22, 2009, most of Snow Creek Wall is subject to a formal closure to protect falcons that are nesting on Library Ledge, on Outer Space, the most famous climb in Leavenworth. The closure will remain in place through the nesting season, which is expected to end July 31, 2009."
Jul 20, 2009
Snow Creek Wall Closure
The temporary closure in effect for the Snow Creek Wall (about 5 miles up the Icicle Road from Leavenworth) will be lifted on midnight, July 14 this year. The Main Wall and Shield area of the wall was closed to minimize human disturbance to peregrine falcons nesting in this area. Three falcon chicks fledged July 7th. Young will stay in the vicinity of their natal cliff and continue to be dependent on parent birds for food up to six weeks post-fledging. The Forest Service would like to thank the climbing community for supporting the closure and ensuring another successful year. Climbers are welcome back on the Main Wall starting July 15.
Apr 16, 2012
|Anyone ventured up and around Snow Creek Wall lately? Wondering about snow on the approach.|