Shasta Partner April 7-8

By TFerguson
Feb 23, 2014
Seneca Rocks, WV

Hey Folks!

I'm doing some traveling during the month of April and would love to do Shasta on my way south. I'm looking for some stoked, rational and safe folks to climb with on April 7-8th? I have all necessary equipment and would be excited to get on Casaval (if conditions permit), but am okay with any route as long as it's within a comfortable threshold given our experience.

Let me know if you're interested,

Tess

By PatCleary
From Rohnert Park, CA
Feb 23, 2014

I'd have back up plans as well. Shasta has had about 3 feet of snow so far this winter, and according to their avi people, none of the routes are in shape.

That said, if conditions improve I might be willing to give Casaval a try. Also consider Sargents, from above the red banks it looked pretty good.

By TFerguson
Feb 25, 2014
Seneca Rocks, WV

I know :( I've tried getting down there twice this year and have opted to stay further north due to conditions. I'm hoping that it shapes up!

By asong
Mar 27, 2014

I am planning to climb Shasta on 4/7 and 4/8. I will driving from Oakland, CA on 4/7. So I can meet you at Bunny Flat in the morning.

- Jaehee

By Eric Fernandez
From Dixon, CA
Mar 27, 2014

asong, if possible and if conditions are good I would love to catch a ride up with you, I'd help pay for the gas.

By asong
Mar 27, 2014

Winston. No problem with giving a ride. But you need to find a ride back to Oakland. After climbing I am returning to Seattle.

By asong
Apr 3, 2014

Weather seems good.

www.mountain-forecast.com/peaks/Mount-Shasta/forecasts/2500

Looking forward to a wonderful climbing.

By Juan Lopez 1
From Woodlake, California
Apr 3, 2014

Headed that way on the 25-27 of April if anybody is interested send me an e- mail at jlopez12610@hotmail.com, leaving out of the Visalia ca, area

By Aaron Slaven
From Fresno, CA
Apr 13, 2014
South Crack - Stately Pleasure Dome

So, how was it? Did you jump on casaval?

By Eric Fernandez
From Dixon, CA
Apr 13, 2014

Was great! Perfect conditions, great day on the ridge, climbed it in the dark saw the sunrise just below Cat walk, thought the catwalk was easy, pure fun, thought there were other cruxes, misery hill kills the psych a little after a long day on the ridge, but amazing time on a great mountain! The OP didn't make the trip but glad she started the thread because we were able to.

By asong
Apr 14, 2014

Here are photos for the climbing.

jsong.smugmug.com/Mountianeering/Shasta-Casaval-2014/3841719>>>

By Aaron Slaven
From Fresno, CA
Apr 19, 2014
South Crack - Stately Pleasure Dome

Cool, thanks for the share.
Hotlum/Bolum ridge looked good. Had to split for personal "issues"... Subway in Weed. yeah.

H/B Ridge