Share your photos/stories of Indian Creek!

By Luke Stefurak
From Mountain View, CA
Feb 24, 2011
Below "Inspect Her Gadget" at HP40 after sending it the previous day.

So after seeing some great photos in Supertopo threads about Tales of Power and The Phoenix I was hoping to find some psyche and sweet photos of Indian Creek.

Id love to see some shots or hear the stories about the first/any ascents of Tricks are for Kids, Death of a Cowboy, Winner Takes All, Christmas Tree, Cathedral of the Mad Feline, Scared Cow and any other 5.12-> 5.13 routes. (Really any photos/stories would be appreciated)

The following are some cool ones Ive seen so far:

Six Star Crack

Thanks!

- Luke

By Monty
From Golden, CO
Feb 24, 2011
Just a teaser

Those are all excellent shots!

Does this count as an action shot.

Mikey embracing one of my finer moments in Indian Creek.  What are friends good for anyway
Mikey embracing one of my finer moments in Indian Creek. What are friends good for anyway

The story here is it was our last night after 7 days in the creek yet we still had a lot of alchohol left... The bar was set high to finish all of the alchohol so we bagan to drink like fish. After several beers and pulls out of our good friend Evan Williams I decided I'd had enough so I went to stand up to go to the tent, fell over and passed out for a couple hours... Ahh I love the desert.

Puma!
Puma!

say spliiiiter bro <br />9 Lives at Cat Wall
say spliiiiter bro
9 Lives at Cat Wall

Flowers in the Creek
Flowers in the Creek

By Price
From SLC, UT
Feb 25, 2011

Well, it wasn't an FA, but I'm pretty sure that I got the FNIMA on Incredible Hand Crack. Yes, on a bright night in the spring of 2010, I stripped down naked, grabbed my harness and a couple gold camalots, and got the first naked-inebriated-moonlight-ascent of the classic Indian Creek "test piece".

Luckily-for you and for me-there are no pictures.

By Darren Mabe
From Flagstaff, AZ
Feb 25, 2011
wham bam hand jam. Wrapping up the final moves of Twist of Fate, Oak Creek Canyon. <br /> <br />photo: Blake McCord

doesnt count if you were wearing a harness or shoes.

By David Appelhans
From Lafayette
Feb 25, 2011
Imaginate

Was it a clean ascent, or did you use a long dong?

By mtoensing
From Boulder
Feb 25, 2011
Props to my home state show

Clay after completing tower 21 or something like that. Shot, beer, and other stuff and then another day of towers!

By Price
From SLC, UT
Feb 25, 2011

Darren Mabe wrote:
doesnt count if you were wearing a harness or shoes.

May have had tape too. I didn't say "FNIMA-FS", that's ones still up for grabs, I believe.

By Tom R
From Denver, CO
Feb 25, 2011
self portrait

You're a class act, Dave!

By Luke Stefurak
From Mountain View, CA
Feb 25, 2011
Below "Inspect Her Gadget" at HP40 after sending it the previous day.

Nice! So is 9 Lives as good as they say?

- Luke

By Monty
From Golden, CO
Feb 25, 2011
Just a teaser

9 Lives is incredible. One of my favorites at the grade... Not 12- though.

By Highlander

Yosemite Valley..

Indian Creek dreamscape
Indian Creek dreamscape

By rob bauer
From Golden, CO
Mar 1, 2011

I posted this comment last year, and although it doesn't apply to the climbs you mentioned, maybe it contributes to the flavor of your question. It applies to the Jane Fonda's Full Body Workout route:

Maybe an interesting story? My buddy Steve Lynn & I did this on 5-25-81. We cleaned the start a lot and led until I ran out of gear (Didn't have enough to get a full pitch, or a decent end point; certainly not high enough to put in an angle.) I pulled up rocks in a stuff sack, tied a sling and belayed off a rock and my last Friend. (Note, we used river rocks which we harvested the night before. We'd used sandstone rocks on another climb the day before--WAY to scary!) Anyway, we thought it was a new route at the time. [I've always wondered whether someone finished this and just spent a couple of hours looking at slides to figure it out.]

edit: In retrospect, if we'd really been hardmen, we would've swapped gear at the hanging belay and continued, but it was hot and we were beat. We still needed 2 ropes to bail. Somebody must've got a kick out of that anchor.