Scott Massey Appreciation Thread
   Page 1 of 2.  1  2   Next>   Last>>

By Zappatista
Mar 26, 2012
Book me, officer.

I don't have all day to re-tell Scott's enormous list of helpful things he's been involved in, I have to polish up my magic thesaurus and work on my choreography to my interpretive dance performance to "Lucky Star". However:

This guy deals with government horsepuckey with patience where many of us couldn't.

He replaces anchors on routes and rarely sees beer for it.

He's spearheading the graffiti removal we're all so tweaked about.

I have to mention offwidth boulder problems. Rad.

So you lazy lurkers, come out of the shadows and post up some Scott Massey love!

PS Scott you'll notice I left off all the embarrassing stuff. Now we're even for the Archi's incident.

By dnoB ekiM
Mar 26, 2012
Wonderstuff

Good on ya' Smassey for all your hardwork: physical, organizational and political!

Good on the Killis for the rebolting efforts!

Good on Mike Moore for the rebolting efforts!

By Ashley allard
From Las Vegas, nv
Mar 27, 2012
The stash

Thanks for all you do Scott

By Seth Derr
From harrisburg, pa
Mar 27, 2012
Hey there!

Thanks dude! RRNCA is a better place because of you. Seriously.

By Joe Cayer
From Mesa, Az
Mar 27, 2012
Torchraker!!

Thanks for all that you do!

By Dirty Gri Gri, or is it GiGi?
From Vegas
Mar 27, 2012
Growing a winter coat in Red Rock Canyon- December 2013.

Scott Massey has a very good, and strong work ethic; The kind of work ethic you would have seen in pioneers of the Old West, and in folks who helped build this country. It's refreshing to see, as there's so many lazy, non-productive, and self-centered people around these days.

By thedogfather
From Las Vegas, NV
Mar 27, 2012

I've lived here in Vegas for two years and always hear his name as one of the movers and shakers. Thanks. Hope to meet you some day, if I haven't already and didn't know it.

By Stich
From Colorado Springs, Colorado
Mar 27, 2012
Coffee after freezing our asses off near James Peak.

I've only been to Vegas once, but I've heard of this guy! Good on ya, Scott.

By Weston L
From Summerlin, NV
Mar 28, 2012
Me at the good rest on Doggie Do

Scott, thanks for great beta in the gear shop and generally being a nice guy. It is appreciated.

By Matt Kuehl
From the desert
Mar 28, 2012
Plumbers Crack

Agreed, Scott is a solid dude and is deserving of some mad props. He's even offered me the last 1/4 of his PBR after a day of climbing once, which I accepted joyfully.

By smassey
From CO
Mar 28, 2012

Aw, ya'll are making me blush. K, I told you not to start this thread... dogfather, I met you at the 11 Feb trail day - i was the one with my arm in a sling taking pictures. RE: that 1/4 PBR - I drink quickly, so I wasn't just offering MK the backwash. Really. Gigi, thanks but I think it's just an obsession. I'm really a lazy person at heart. Everyone else, thanks for the props. Hope to see ya'll out climbing once I'm healed up.

By Rob Fielding
From Las Vegas, NV
Mar 28, 2012
Third pillar of dana descent.

Scott. i appreciate all your hard work! cheers buddy

By Karsten
From Sacramento, CA
Mar 28, 2012
FA's can be scary.  Photo by DeAngelo

Thanks for your contributions to one of my favorite places in the world Scott. There is always a scotch waiting for you at my hearth.

By Zappatista
Mar 28, 2012
Book me, officer.

Face it, you deserve positive attention just as much as I do the negative attention. I'm surprised we're not on page ten already. If this was the Why Killis Is A Dick thread, we'd be there, sipping Haterade at the finish line.

BUMP!

Who else got some Scotty love? This man is an icon! A male model! A person who has interesting facial hair! Post up...

By Clayton Knudson
From El Portal, CA
Mar 30, 2012

bump for Scott, the guy who puts in more work than most of us combined

By Marcy
From Tempe/Tuscon, AZ
Mar 30, 2012
the tornado

Coming out of lurk-dom to express my thanks to Scott. THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU. Red Rock is one of my favorite places. I appreciate your hard work and would be happy to buy you a beer or 3 the next time I'm in the area. Cheers to you, dude.

By trundlebum
From Las Vegas NV
Mar 30, 2012
Somewhere in Tuolumne, sometime early 80's

As in Scott and Sendi, Scott ...?

By smassey
From CO
Mar 30, 2012

trundlebum wrote:
As in Scott and Sendi, Scott ...?

yes. that's me.

By Xavier Wasiak
From Las Vegas, NV
Mar 31, 2012
Self Portrait

and now I hear that you're leaving us? What's this? Say it's not so!!!! Nooooooo, Scott, don't gooooooo!!!!! Good jobs are so overrated. ;)

By Vaughn Fetzer
From Fairbanks, AK
Mar 31, 2012

Even occasional visitors from Alaska know Scott's a solid fellow. Thanks Scott. I hope the rumors of you leaving aren't true.

By John Hegyes
From Las Vegas, NV
Mar 31, 2012
South of Windy Peak

Having Scott here in Las Vegas has been a real asset for us climbers. I'm glad that I now have a proper venue to express my appreciation!

Thanks for all you have done for Red Rock, Scott. Every time I "go to the bathroom" in the desert backcountry, I'll be thinking of you!

By D Young
From Las Vegas, Nevada
Apr 1, 2012

Great job Scott on all things Red Rock! You definitely set the bar high and you are a shining example of how to treat our playground. Thanks a million!!!
-Dan

By Umph!
Apr 1, 2012

Killis Howard wrote:
. . . .He replaces anchors on routes and rarely sees beer for it. The man literally cleans up after grown adults who have the same relative poop maintenance/management skills of a 14-month old. He's spearheading the graffiti removal we're all so tweaked about. I have to mention offwidth boulder problems. Rad. So you lazy lurkers, come out of the shadows. . . .

And folk call Killis a hater. . . . I wouldn't know Killis from Scott Massey, but I'm pretty sure I like them both.

Thanks for all the efforts.

By smassey
From CO
Apr 1, 2012

He's shorter than I am, and has short hair. He pisses people off, I try to be nice. etc. etc. Thanks for the love, everyone.

x-sad but true.

By Xavier Wasiak
From Las Vegas, NV
Apr 2, 2012
Self Portrait

Bummer, Scott. Happy for you, though, and good luck!!! When do you leave? We'll have to have a "Wish you well" Wednesday night beer outing!!!!

By Zappatista
Apr 2, 2012
Book me, officer.

Pissing people off is better than pissing ON people, amigo. I'm Captain Manners, compared to R.Kelly. Be interested to hear about the future plans, hope we get to do that splitter before you jet. SO wide. SO nasty. You're gonna love it.

Page 1 of 2.  1  2   Next>   Last>>