Scotland day trip next week

By Dan S.
From Lakewood, CO
Jun 20, 2010
I was reminded by a fallen dead tree that most climbing accidents occur on the descent.

I'm visting friends in Glasgow this Friday, June 25th through July 1st. My friends do not climb so I was hoping someone in the Glasgow area could show me a couple crags on a day trip to the north, preferably during the week. If anyone knows anyone who knows someone in Glasgow or the surrounding area, then please let me know.

I climb trad and sport, and I can be convinced to go bouldering as well. I'm just looking to take in some easy to moderate classic climbs.

Thanks.

By Sam Feuerborn
From Durango, CO
Jun 20, 2010
Castle Wood Canyon, May '09

If you want to road trip south I'm in North Yorkshire (Harrogate specifically) and am always down to climb though Glasgow might be a bit far for me to drive. But if you're feeling particularly deprived or motivated the offer is on the table.

By Dan S.
From Lakewood, CO
Jun 20, 2010

Thanks Sam. I don't think I can make it that far down as transportation is limited to trains and buses.

By apross
Jun 21, 2010
We are watching you

Post up on the partners forum on ukclimbing.com

By Euan Cameron
From Redlands and Mammoth Lakes
Jun 22, 2010
Keller Peak climb

If you can't find a partner, an easy trip from Glasgow is Dumbarton Rock. It has great bouldering and it also has good routes. In the past when I have visited I have often hooked up with some locals for either bouldering session or routes.

Its urban for sure, but the climbing is good and its only a short walk from the train station.

By toddgordon
From Joshua Tree, California
Jun 22, 2010

One of the closeset crags from Glasgow is Ben Arthur ( The Cobbler).....I bet if you just showed up at the crags, you could snags some top ropes;...especially if you showed up with beer.....(Works most places in the civilized world....).....

By Brigette
From Seattle, WA
Jun 22, 2010
At the anchors.

Darn! I was SO hoping that this thread would be about someone flying over to Scotland to climb for the day. ...and needing a partner to go with. ...for free.

;)