Saving time, wasting time and explaining climbing on the Internet

By bearbreeder
Nov 2, 2012
alpinist.com/doc/web12f/wfeatu...

go to the link for more ... should be a sticky ;)

By Scott McMahon
From Boulder, CO
Nov 2, 2012
Bocan
Q: How can I tell that someone is from Colorado?

A: Just give them five minutes. They'll tell you.

haha yeah I'm probably way guilty of this one.

By Tradoholic
Nov 2, 2012
The best was saved for last!

By richie
From englewood, tn
Nov 2, 2012
that sums up why i stopped looking at rockclimbing.com.

By Ryan Williams
From London (sort of)
Nov 2, 2012
El Chorro
richie wrote:
that sums up why i stopped looking at rockclimbing.com.

Ha. That's why I stopped reading most threads on Mountain Project.

By Ray Pinpillage
From West Egg
Nov 3, 2012
Middle
bearbreeder wrote:
alpinist.com/doc/web12f/wfeatu... As a beginning climber, I would read Internet forums and climbing blogs for hours. I justified these pupil-glazing sessions as "research" into a world I knew nothing about. As a more experienced climber, I still read Internet forums and climbing blogs for hours. I just no longer attempt to justify this patently unproductive behavior. And rather than continuing to learn about climbing, I sometimes wonder if my caffeine-powered screen time is having the opposite effect. Will these multi-page discussions of the same five subjects eventually make me afraid of micro-fractured carabiners and unwilling to climb without double-secret backup belay loops? In the interest of helping others avoid such hours fraught with peril, I'm going to attempt to answer nearly every Internet climbing conundrum in the span of a single Q&A session. This is the literary equivalent of a 5.8 in the Gunks. Everywhere else, it's 5.10. I just hope you can make it through before your eyes glaze over. go to the link for more ... should be a sticky ;)

You're in half those threads...so am I.

Sad.

By bearbreeder
Nov 3, 2012
Ray Pinpillage wrote:
You're in half those threads...so am I. Sad.

nonsense im in ALL of em ;)