Login with Facebook
 ADVANCED
Sandbagging?
View Latest Posts in This Forum or All Forums
Page 1 of 1.  
Follow replies to this topic? Notify me at the top of web site.
1

Email me.
 
Sep 14, 2012
Is it possible to sandbag yourself? Kent Pease
From Littleton, Colorado
Joined Feb 13, 2006
118 points
Sep 14, 2012
Only if you're super flexible. Steve M
From MN
Joined Aug 2, 2011
92 points
Sep 14, 2012
Steve M wrote:
Only if you're super flexible.


LOL!
wankel7
From Indiana
Joined Oct 4, 2010
17 points
Sep 14, 2012
Magic Ed
Yes, i'ts amizang waht the haumn mnid is clabpae of. Ed Wright
Joined May 14, 2006
332 points
Administrator
Sep 14, 2012
tomato, tomotto, kill mike amato.
i think onsigting or redpointing a route always sets you up for sandbagging yourself in the future. i can't cout the number of times i have gotten killed on a route that i had previously onsighted/redpointed because i didn't take it seriously. that is one of the main reasons that a route is dead to me after i send it. i don't ever want to do it again. slim
Joined Dec 1, 2004
2,001 points
Sep 14, 2012
Out of the blue.  Photo by Mike W.
Brian Wright wrote:
Is it possible to teabag yourself?


See below.
Greg D
From Here
Joined Apr 5, 2006
960 points
Sep 14, 2012
Out of the blue.  Photo by Mike W.
Steve M wrote:
Only if you're super flexible.
Greg D
From Here
Joined Apr 5, 2006
960 points
Sep 14, 2012
slim wrote:
i think onsigting or redpointing a route always sets you up for sandbagging yourself in the future. i can't cout the number of times i have gotten killed on a route that i had previously onsighted/redpointed because i didn't take it seriously. that is one of the main reasons that a route is dead to me after i send it. i don't ever want to do it again.



Basically my point. But it is still an oxymoron.

A similar line of reasoning: Say you are comfortable with an area and a style of climbing, you send a route with difficulty but cleanly, and then convince yourself that “it can’t be that hard”. After beating yourself up on a second ascent you realize that it really might be “that hard”.

Any takers on the route of interest?
Kent Pease
From Littleton, Colorado
Joined Feb 13, 2006
118 points
Sep 14, 2012
Got Milk? How about forearm pump? Tony leads "...
Kent Pease wrote:
Basically my point. But it is still an oxymoron. A similar line of reasoning: Say you are comfortable with an area and a style of climbing, you send a route with difficulty but cleanly, and then convince yourself that “it can’t be that hard”. After beating yourself up on a second ascent you realize that it really might be “that hard”. Any takers on the route of interest?

Maybe so. Did you just get back on Acrophobia or something?
Tony B
From Around Boulder, CO
Joined Jan 1, 2001
23,493 points
Sep 14, 2012
Colonel Mustard
Yes, it is.

I did it to myself just last Sunday.
Colonel Mustard
Joined Sep 13, 2005
1,359 points
Sep 14, 2012
Tony B wrote:
Maybe so. Did you just get back on Acrophobia or something?

Na (on the list though) – That one is intimidating and looks hard, and it would be difficult to not take it seriously. This is the reverse situation.
Kent Pease
From Littleton, Colorado
Joined Feb 13, 2006
118 points


Follow replies to this topic? Notify me at the top of web site.
1

Email me.
Page 1 of 1.  
Beyond the Guidebook:
The Definitive Climbing Resource
Inspiration & Motivation
to Fuel Your Run
Next Generation Mountain
Bike Trail Maps
Backcountry, Sidecountry
& Secret Stashes
Better Data. Better Tools.
Better Hikes!