San Gorgonio, Presidents Day weekend Feb 16-18

By Jeffrey Addison
From Anaheim, CA
Jan 28, 2013
Topped out at Kern Slabs. Just being a poser in this little chimney.

Looking for a partner to climb San G with me via south fork. I already have the permit.

Climbing Resume:

Age: 24 Male
Hometown: Anaheim
Occupation: Student

-Climbed Matterhorn Peak in the Sawtooth Range over New Years (unsuccessful summit).
-Multiple Baldy ascents (solo) via Bowl Face.
-A few trad climbs in J Tree (follow only).
-Some ice climbing experience in June Lake(Follow).

The only gear I still need is a 4-season tent which I may rent from REI unless someone has one.

This is my first winter season mountaineering and I would like to lead this trip as much possible to test some of my skills. I've been doing 3-season stuff my whole life and did a fair share of mountain training in the Marine Corps. Welcoming anyone who's willing to kick butt and have fun!

Also looking for a climbing partner in the LA/OC area to do more So-Cal climbs and some stuff in the Sierra's.

Message me for more info and tentative itinerary for the trip.

By randy88fj62
Jan 28, 2013
Thunderbolt Peak in the Palisades

On a side note: Consider joining the southern california mountaineering association (SCMA). They have free camp sites year round and tons of partners and outings available. They go to JTree about 5 times a year and you can always find someone to climb with.

By Unassigned User
Jan 28, 2013

Jeff I'll do it with you but I have no experience in mountainering(I can't even spell it). I have around 3 years experience climbing trad and 1 year of leading trad. I have no experience in snow or ice, but I am full of learning power!! haha. Hit me up if you have no other options, I can carry a pack good, I can buy whatever equipment is needed.

Jon

By RacerXK1
From Redlands, CA
Jan 29, 2013
Joe on the FA of Grape Nuts.

Looks like you need to hit up this guy.

So Cal Mountaineering Partner

By ColinM
From Escondido, CA
Feb 1, 2013
Capitol Peak

I sent you an email, but didn't hear back, so I thought I'd let you know here I might be interested (depending on what the conditions are like). I've got intermediate experience and a 4 season tent. I've only been up Gorgonio via Vivian Creek.

By John D
Feb 1, 2013

Have fun and be safe, I was up on San G a few years ago and had a buddy take a nasty slide and hit a tree. Should have had crampons, but we were young and inexperienced. We also crossed a couple of old avalanches so watch out for those too.

Depending on your route, it's pretty doable in a day so you wouldn't need a tent, or you can dig a snow cave/trench if there's enough snow.