Salomon Guardian 16 bindings with Scarpa Boots. HELP!

By danny m
From All over
Jan 22, 2013
Ancient Art, UT

THanks.

By JoeP
From Littleton, CO
Jan 22, 2013

Craigslist. Assuming your boots have a rockered sole (if not, you should be good to go) sell the Salomons and get Dukes. Given that the Salomons are the hot item, you shouldn't have that much trouble finding a willing buyer. Just doesn't make sense to mod your boots to make them "work" with a binding, when a comparable alternative is readily available.

By Momoface
Jan 28, 2013
So, of course, this is totally me. Naturally.

danny m wrote:
I am new to AT bindings boots, ect so I bought some Salomon Guaridan bindings from Bentgate and turns out I cant return them (long story) anyways since I cant return them ill use them right? wrong! A local shop told me that the Guardian can not be used with AT boots, I guess the ATF plate is not ment for rubber sole AT boots. I Googled this and seems it is ture however I noticed alot of people are still using AT boots with some modification to the boot like belt sanding the ATF contact point of the boot. I was unable to find any info on how to do this. I was hoping someone could explain it to me, pictured would be even better. Also my local ski shop said for liability reasons they could not set up the bindings and boots so how would i go about doing this myself? THanks.

What kind of scarpas do you have? Mine have two types of interchangeable soles, one for alpine and a more rugged set for AT. In my alpine soles there's no issue.

I agree with the other poster, if you have AT boots you'll want a real AT bindings, the guardians seem like they're really a 98% frontside and 2% side country, and they sound like they suck for a real tour. Unload them on CL and get Dukes or Freerides.

Sucks they won't let you return them...I can see it from a safety issue, but did they not explain the limitations to the equipment along with the benefits? Or were they just trying to sell you a $450 shiny new toy?

By Momoface
Jan 28, 2013
So, of course, this is totally me. Naturally.

I would also never belt sand my sole just to use this seasons hot new binding, where most DIN plates hit your boot is also where, when hiking, you want the most traction.

Feel free to ask more questions as you are going, it's a crazy confusing world and we're happy to help out!

By quiggle
May 13, 2013
y

Freerides are the way

By MRock
May 13, 2013
Split shin after 5.9+ R lead

dukes and freerides have a movable AFD to accommodate for the thicker rockered sole of AT boots. Guardians do not, salomon wants you to buy their AT boot. chances are, the material you would have to remove would end up going through the shell. like someone else said, sell the guardians and get another AT plate binding. Or just get with it and get dynafit